RE: [council] Draft Agenda for Council meeting Thursday 18 Nov 2004

  • To: "'Bruce Tonkin'" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Draft Agenda for Council meeting Thursday 18 Nov 2004
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:52:50 -0500
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Bruce,
As an elected rep to the BC on Council, I support the request for
information and offer the following thought:

The working group on WIPO II did not achieve consensus.
Changes in policy by ICANN require consensus
In the BC, we have received inquiries from our members, regarding the action
of the ICANN regarding this issue.

I want to support raisign this issue in Council to a priority level, and
noting to the Board and staff that there is no support to make changes,
given that there is no consensus in the working group.

I welcome the opportunity to discuss this within Council and will be on
Thursday's call. I have to leave at 3:30 EST, so ask that this issue be
raised between 2 and 3:00 p.m. so that I can help to address it.

Best regards,

Marilyn