[council] ICANN Announcement: Universal Acceptance of all gTLD Names
- To: "council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] ICANN Announcement: Universal Acceptance of all gTLD Names
- From: "GNSO SECRETARIAT" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 07:57:25 +0200
- Importance: Normal
- Reply-to: <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[To: council[at]gnso.icann.org; ga[at]gnso.icann.org]
[To: liaison6c[at]gnso.icann.org; announce[at]gnso.icann.org]
Please see ICANN's recent postings:
18 October 2004
Universal Acceptance of all gTLD Names
Some TLD names (strings) are rejected by some service providers or
applications because the strings exceed three characters in length (e.g.
.museum or .aero) or do not meet some other formatting criteria. To
facilitate and foster corporation among registry operators, ISPs, and other
who deal with domain names on a regular basis, a discussion forum has been
opened on this topic <http://forum.icann.org/lists/tld-acceptance/>.
To join this discussion list, simply send a message to:
with the words "subscribe tld-acceptance" in the body of the message.
Participation in this forum is open to any interested person.
Glen de Saint Géry