[council] Scope of ICANN's role
- To: "Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP" <mcade@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] Scope of ICANN's role
- From: Marc Schneiders <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 17:54:30 +0100 (CET)
- Cc: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <0F25F91B59355E42846E57527F331EA90207B3CA@lganj0se6.lga.att.com>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, at 07:34 [=GMT-0500], Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP wrote:
> As to ICANN's role in ensuring a stable and predictable
> environment in the Internet's technical functioning, we may have
> differences about how to achieve that, or the exact scope, but it
> is a primary concern to business users.
Since you mention "technical functioning", do you imply that you do
not believe ICANN does do consumer protection (through UDRP)? And that
it should not do so in any case?