[council] Private initiative and regulatory bodies and the feeling of being scr*

  • To: <NCUC-DISCUSS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Private initiative and regulatory bodies and the feeling of being scr*
  • From: Marc Schneiders <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 00:13:41 +0100 (CET)
  • Cc: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I just read a message to some other list (tucows registrar resellers)
that says that NetSol (the registrar) will also delete IDN names as of
February 28, 2004. (I guess they missed out on the extra day February
has this year.) It seems this is about .com and .net names. One has to
transfer them to another registrar, they say, or they die.

Welcome to Oklahoma. I am now very mad. It is time ICANN acts up or it
will lose goodwill altogether. Can individual registrars do this?
ICANN accredited? Does that mean anything?

You can read the message I refer to below. I am not sure it is proper
to attach it, but I see no other way to give you the information. The
archives require a password, I think.

Marc Schneiders --- NCUC council member

---

Another one concerning Multilingual Domains.

"On February 28, 2004, Network Solutions, LLC will no longer offer or
support Multilingual Domain Name registrations (MDNs). A list of your
domain
name registration(s) affected by this change is provided below.

In order to keep your .COM and .NET MDNs registered to you, you must
transfer them to another provider before February 28, 2004.  If these
MDNs
are not transferred, they will be deleted from our database which will
make
them available for registration by anyone.  Your MDNs will continue to
be
listed in your Network Solutions(R) account until you complete the
transfer
process or until we delete them on February 28, 2004.  You do not need
renew your MDNs in order to process your transfer.

Please be assured that these changes only apply to Multilingual Domain
Names. Network Solutions will continue to support your other domain
name
registrations and services.

If you have any questions, please contact Customer Support at
mailto:customerservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Network Solutions(R) Customer Support

Multilingual Domain Names with Network Solutions as of December 30,
2003:

BQ--....COM

Please do not respond to this message. For inquiries, contact Customer
Service at mailto:customerservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

(C) Copyright 2004 Network Solutions, LLC. All rights reserved."

The Domain is still listed in race code in the nestol control panel
but does
not appear anymore in whois in race code.
The whois output directly from netsol for the domain name in puny code
looks
like that (no owner info):

Domain Name: XN--....COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS1.TOTALCHOICEHOSTING.COM
Name Server: NS2.TOTALCHOICEHOSTING.COM
Updated Date: 14-dec-2003