[council] Timeslot for GNSO council calls

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Timeslot for GNSO council calls
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:23:16 +1100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All,

I have received a few requests to change the time of GNSO Council calls.

Philip Sheppard provided me with a table showing the timezones for GNSO
council participants.  This is a very helpful table.  I have added the
General Counsel (John Jeffries) - but there may be additional ICANN
staff based in Los Angeles required on the call (so the slot for John
Jeffries may affect from 1-3 people at a time).  I want to try to
involve the ICANN staff in our calls as much as possible to ensure good
cooperation.

You will note from the attached that a time around UTC 19 or 20 is a
reasonable compromise - but it does mean in the evening for most of
Europe and very early for Jisuk Woo.

For our next council meeting (probably around 18 Dec as currently
scheduled) we can try
UTC 1200.  This will make a late night for Jisuk (9pm start) and a very
early morning for ICANN staff (4am start), but does provide a nicer time
for Europe.

Thus we could potentially rotate the times between UTC 1200 and UTC
1900.

Note the time for the next call is scheduled as UTC 1900.

Any other ideas?

Regards,
Bruce