[council] WHOIS PDPs -- initial public comment period?

  • To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [council] WHOIS PDPs -- initial public comment period?
  • From: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 20:38:10 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

in reviewing the PDP in annex A to the bylaws, I wonder how closely
we plan to follow the process outlined there when it comes to the
WHOIS Task Forces kicked off in Carthage.

It seems unrealistic to follow the 90 day time line, but I do
believe that at least the public comment periods suggested in the
PDP should be reflected in the process that is axctually used by the
GNSO; possibly with some additional comment periods added when
milestones are reached.

At the present stage of the process, this would mean that ICANN
should be posting a notice about the initiated PDP(s) to its web
page, and should be soliciting public comments for 20 days.

Thomas Roessler                       <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>