[council] Revised motion

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Revised motion
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 20:47:10 +1000
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All,

I have taken on board Jeff's comments to include a reference to the
ICANN bylaws and gtld registry agreements, and also removed the date
restriction to ensure the Staff Manager has time to produce a quality
issues reportas requested my Milton Mueller.

I propose the following motion for voting at the next Council meeting
(Thursday 16 Oct)

"The GNSO Council requests that the Staff Manager produce an Issues
Report,
 consistent with Article 1: Mission and Core Values of ICANN's bylaws,
 on the need for a predictable procedure for the introduction of new
Registry Services (as defined in the gtld registry agreements)"

Regards,
Bruce