Re: [council] gTLD registries' paper on new TLds

  • To: Amadeu@xxxxxxxxxx, Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx, Mueller@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [council] gTLD registries' paper on new TLds
  • From: Elisabeth Porteneuve <Elisabeth.Porteneuve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:17:10 +0200 (MET DST)
  • Cc: council@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Milton,
GNSO Council Members,

In continuing with "corporate memory", let me keep the ccTLD
record straight.

The pieces of memory I have from time new ccTLD were put live
indicates - no surprise - that the number of domain names created
by new ccTLDs were very slow in those years, and that it has
strictly nothing to do with today gTLDs.

The audatious ccTLDs, almost all not for profit, were foreseeing
100 domain names recorded the first year, and perhaps 500 in
two years.

I do not know much about initial business plans of 7 new gTLDs
from November 2000: .info, .biz, .museum, .aero, .pro, .coop, .name
but I guess those were based on more than 100 domain names per annum.

Kind regards,
Elisabeth Porteneuve
ccTLD liaison to GNSO