ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [council] Should we go ahead with the teleconference scheduled for 17 July 2003?

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Should we go ahead with the teleconference scheduled for 17 July 2003?
  • From: "Milton Mueller" <Mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:51:17 -0400
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You have my support for canceling the teleconference. 

>>> "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 07/11/03 05:11AM >>>
Hello All,

We have scheduled a GNSO teleconference for 17 July 2003.
(see http://www.dnso.org/meetings.html).

I am looking at formulating an agenda, and so far I have:
- update ICANN President's working group to consider WIPO
recommendations ( I haven't been able to get in touch with Paul Twomey
on this yet)
- staff managers report on UDRP (we haven't received this from ICANN
staff yet)
- budget report (mainly an update on transition to direct ICANN
management of GNSO website and secretariat)
- WHOIS Privacy steering group update (nothing has happened since

We don't have any substantive policy documents to consider at this stage
(7 days prior to the meeting).

I recommend that we cancel the teleconference scheduled for 17 July, and
plan for the next scheduled conference on 14 August 2003.

In the meantime I will continue to work with the WHOIS Privacy Steering
group to select a chair, and establish contact with Paul Twomey
regarding the WIPO recommendations and the need for the UDRP report
(which is well overdue).  I also want to ensure that the outcome of the
deletes task force is properly communicated to ICANN and the GAC to
ensure it is ready for decision by the ICANN Board at its next meeting.

Please let me know if there is any substantial reason to hold a meeting
on 17 July 2003.

Bruce Tonkin

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>