[announce] Extension input period Issue Report IDN ccPDP
- To: announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [announce] Extension input period Issue Report IDN ccPDP
- From: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 00:39:38 +0100
- List-id: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: owner-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 (Windows/20071031)
[To: council[at]gnso.icann.org; liaison6c[at]gnso.icann.org]
[To: ga[at]gnso.icann.org; announce[at]gnso.icann.org]
Please note that the public comment period has been extended to 22
February 2008 for input to the Issues Report IDN ccPDP
At its meeting on 2 October 2007 the ccNSO Council requested the
creation of an Issue Report as a first step in launching a ccPDP. To
identify matters that are potentially relevant to the Issues Report, a
comment period was opened on 19 December 2007 and would remain open
until 25 January 2008.
In the Issue Report the following needs to be considered:
1. Whether Article IX of the ICANN bylaws applies to IDN ccTLDs
associated with the ISO 3166-1 two letter codes, and if it does not then
to establish if Article IX should apply.
2. Whether the ccNSO should launch a PDP to develop the policy for the
selection and delegation of IDN ccTLDs associated with the ISO 3166-1
As you may have noted both the GNSO Council and ccNSO Council have send
a letter to the ICANN Board relating to core elements of the IDN ccPDP.
It is anticipated the ccNSO and GNSO Council will meet during the ICANN
meeting in New Delhi to explain and discuss the background of the views
expressed in the letters. It is my view as Issue Manager of the ccPDP
that the outcome of such a meeting, if it will be convened, is
significant as input for the Issues Report. Therefore the period to
provide input into the Issues Report is extended from 25 January until
22 February 2008.
According to the ICANN by laws the creation of the Issue Report is the
second step in launching the IDN ccPDP. The first step was the request
of the ccNSO Council on 2 October 2007 to create an Issue Report. The
final step is the decision of the ccNSO Council to initiate the ccPDP
(see ICANN by laws Annex B, section 2).
Issue Manager IDN ccPDP
Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat - ICANN