ICANN Transcription – Abu Dhabi GNSO – Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns (NPOC) Constituency Day Meeting Tuesday, 31 October 2017 13:30 GST

Note: The following is the output of transcribing from an audio recording. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases it is incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages or transcription errors. It is posted as an aid to understanding the proceedings at the meeting, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

On page: https://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Maryam Bakoshi: The NPOC Constituency Day. May I remind everyone to please state your

name before speaking. We have chocolates. If you don't, you don't get any.

No, no chocolate. So just state your name please.

Joan Kerr: I always knew there was a reason I liked NPOC meetings. That's my line. I

love chocolate, as everybody knows. You can always bribe me. So welcome

everyone. This is Joan Kerr speaking. Before we start, if it's okay with

everyone if you could introduce yourselves and tell us where you're from, that

will be just dandy. Thank you. We can start with you.

(Ira Mills): Hi everyone. My name (Ira Mills). I'm from Chicago, Northwestern University,

JD PhD candidate.

(Rose Sanjan): Hello. I'm (Rose Sangjan) from (Unintelligible).

Tapani Tarvainen: And I'm Tapani Tarvainen. I'm currently the chair of NCSG, the Non-

Commercial Stakeholder Group, and this fancy guy is the official giraffe of

NCSG. Not very talkative, I'm afraid.

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: Hello. I'm Carlos Raul Gutierrez from the ISOC chapter, Costa

Rico.

Maryam Bakoshi: My name is Maryam Bakoshi, ICANN staff supporting NCSG, NCUC, and

NPOC. Thank you.

(David): Hello everyone. My name is (David) (unintelligible) from the Trinidad and

Tobago Civil Society. I'm from Trinidad and Tobago.

Joan Kerr: Joan Kerr from Canada.

Raoul Plommer: Raoul Plommer from Finland. I'm the vice chair of NPOC.

Juan Manuel Rojas: Juan Manuel Rojas from Colombia, NPOC Communications Committee

Chair.

Renata Aquino Ribeiro: Renata Aquino Ribeiro from (unintelligible) Brazil.

Judith Hellerstein: Judith Hellerstein, (MALALO), (unintelligible) (Globetrotters) and also in

NPOC representing ISOC DC and also the chair - co-chair of the Technology

Taskforce.

Olévie Kouami: Okay greetings. I'm Olévie Kouami from Togo, a member of NPOC and the

Executive Committee.

(Shania): Hello. My name is (Shania) from Zimbabwe, ICANN 60 fellow.

(Tina Caliyara): Hi. My name is (Tina Caliyara). I'm from Argentina. I'm an NPOC member

and I am representing NPOC in their (unintelligible) community program.

Martin Silva: Hello. I'm from Argentina as well. My name is Martin Silva and on the GNSO

Council on behalf of the Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group and therefore

NPOC as well. Thanks.

(Tom Slane): Hi. My name is (Tom Slane) from (unintelligible). Thanks.

Joan Kerr: Well welcome everyone. We have - sorry.

Wendy Seltzer: Well. Wendy Seltzer with Worldwide Web Consortium with the Non-

Commercial Stakeholder Group.

Emily Barabas: Emily Barabas, ICANN Org.

Justine Chew: Justine Chew from APRALO.

Joan Kerr: Great. We also have a few people online. I'd just like to acknowledge them.

David Cake, (Dolly McPhee). Let's see who else. And Sam Lanfranco, which is probably pretty early for him as well. And I think that's it. Yes. So welcome everyone. We will now go into our presentations, as everyone wants to get going. Martin, if it's okay with you we're going to ask Dev to go first. Is it

okay? So Dev tell us a little bit about you and let's hear what you have to say.

Thanks.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: Thanks, Joan. And again hello well everyone. My name is Dev

Anand Teelucksingh and I'm the chair, currently a co-chair of the At Large Technology Task Force but we're trying to broaden that because what the Technology Task Force does is that we tend to - we look at the different technologies and the tools that can help our community communicate, collaborate, and accomplish their goals and activities and objectives for

ICANN activities. So.

And the reason why we welcome persons from all the communities is because everybody in ICANN participated has technology challenges, the communication tools, the collaboration tools. And when you get frustrated with technology and you definitely can't participate effectively, you know, it's a barrier to participation.

So we look these technologies and that includes things such as, you know, chats and web conferencing tools, captioning, and anything that helps users become active in ICANN. And we - so it's open to anyone, as I said before, and we have typically one or two conference calls a month. Anybody can of course attend and participate in these calls. And, you know, we have - we published our work on our wiki and just like all working groups, you know, the conference call records are available afterwards and, you know, there's a mailing list where anybody can join.

We're going to have a Technology Task Force session later this afternoon at 5 pm and perhaps I'll turn the floor to Joan, my co-chair - Judith, sorry, my co-chair to talk about just what we're going to cover this afternoon.

Judith Hellerstein: Yes. This is Judith Hellerstein for the transcript record. Thanks, Dev, for that.

Yes. So we welcome, as Dev said, we welcome everyone to come join. We're going to just go over some of the Technology Task Force has been working on several different projects and subprojects. We're going to be discussing some of those. Some of them are, you know, conferencing solutions, a review of those that Justine Chew, who is heading up our conferences solution project, looking at different conference solutions.

We are also looking at revamping our website. That's being done by (Dustin) and (Sarah). And then we are also looking at issues concerning IT issues such as some of the work we're trying to do on policy tracking and better tracking of policy. There's - the - it's very difficult to track different policy initiatives either that the board has done or the other constituencies have done. It's a more manual laborious process, and so we would like to get some work on automating some of these.

And we had put in special requests on these and so we're going to talk about some of that area as well, and also connectivity issues and what are the problems in using resources and how can we create some kind of tracking mechanism to track these problems to make sure they get - we can get them complete or reviewed.

With Adobe everyone has these connectivity issues but there's no real form to fill out to get - to send to IT that can have all the issues they - questions they need to answer and help them solve the problem. So some of these issues are we will be talking about at - on the call.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: I'd like to mention also that the session's at 5 pm in Hall B. That's where the ALAC normally does have its own - its room for all the At Large sessions. And one of the things that we over the past few years we've really gotten a great rapport with ICANN staff so and actually a very deep relationship with ICANN staff on the IT issues and so forth, which is what - is quite gratifying. In fact there'll be several persons there from IT staff. Hall B, I think it is. Let me just double check. Yes, Hall B.

Joan Kerr: Thank you, Dev and Judith. Oh by the way, thank you to our photographer for taking some pictures, (Glenn McKnight). I just wanted to say that. Any questions? Yes, Renata?

Renata Aquino Ribeiro: I want to know -- Renata Aquino for the record -- yes I want to know from TTF and the - considering that NPOC - both NPOC and CSG has a great concern about non-commercial aspects of our technology, so what is exactly the work that the TTF does with free software and if there's or free alternatives that people can use to engage more in ICANN and to learn more about Internet policy. Thank you.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: Thanks, Renata. This is Dev. So we do look to evaluate a variety of platforms but not just through an open source but we - because there's quite a few passionate free and open source users within our group. So we

have looked at various free and open source software solutions and tried to report on them. But we try to be not just looking at those alone.

You know, we're trying to find, you know, what's the best tools that perhaps - and make recommendations as to what ICANN can deploy. So for example, just one example. Some of the things we've been looking at recently was group chat applications. Group chat is, just to summarize what it is briefly, it allows you to do instant messaging with hash tags to segment your conversations and therefore make it easier to search and sort and filter. You know, ignore the content you don't want to hear about and keep track of the things you want to hear about.

And we looked at some various open source software solutions. And one of the things that we proposed to ICANN is that if we wanted to deploy these open source solutions to test, you know, there's a challenge of finding the resources to put this up online and we're trying to make - suggest to ICANN that, you know, they just need a separate space, you know, for the resources to make that testing happen. So that discussion is ongoing on that.

Judith Hellerstein: This is Judith Hellerstein for the record. We also in our review of conferencing solutions to look for an alternative for Adobe Connect we've looked at some of the open standards program such as we heavily - we did a test site with ICANN staff on the conferencing solution that IATF uses to meet (Echo), and so we heavily tested that in the hopes that finding a solution that could be a non - could be an open standards solution.

Unfortunately as we look at these solutions, we find that these solutions do not meet the needs of the community. And although they can be made to meet the needs of the community, they're not at that stage now and so it would be - ICANN will not be able to make that jump now to something that doesn't have the features that we have, even though they could build it. It's just not mature enough.

So we're always on the lookout for different items that are open standards, open source, and non-proprietary but it's a difficult thing. One of the things that we are looking at also is working on trying to write down what are all the feature sets that we need in a conferencing solution so that when if they do make a move, we can write down - we have a list and say okay this is what we want, this is what's priority, this is what's most important. These are some features we could use.

And coming up with that idea, what they could use, then when they do move or when we look at an open standards and open things, these are what we can say. This is what we want. I don't know if that answers your question.

Juan Manuel Rojas: Yes, no. I mean it's a comment because okay. We have here in NPOC we have one - two (unintelligible) channel, right? And we are using a new set of issues and tasks on this one. And okay, we are now using it in ExCom and maybe all members can have access to - well to look at what are we doing.

Then they ask if the question is how Technology Task Force can help us to improve the use of that or something like that. That's my question.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: Thanks, Juan. This is Dev. I would say we - the thing we've tried to do is that okay you're solving a need and Trello is how useful in how it, you know, with its card interface, organization your task and so forth. And in fact you might see a little bit more use within ICANN and that's the reason why is because the company that ICANN uses for its wiki software, Atlassian, which runs the conference wiki, has acquired Trello. So you're going to probably soon that you'll be able to very soon to be able use - integrate Trello into your confluence wiki. So when you have your wiki pages, you can, you know, track your action items for example and so forth.

So how does the Technology Task Force kind of help and how can you when you join to participate, you know, make mention of these suggestions.

Because there are multiple roles to try to solve the same thing, you know.

And what we're trying to find is the easiest one for users to use and that's

available for everybody to use, you know. And by that, I mean not just running on Windows for example when, you know, we have Mac users, Linux users, Android, iPhone, you know. We're trying to look for, you know, broad multi-platform availability. So, I hope that answers your question.

Juan Manuel Rojas: Thank you, Dev. And my name is Juan. Thank you.

(Alfredo Calderon): Yes I'm (Alfredo Calderon). I'm an ICANN fellow in this meeting. I actually worked with the task force, the technology task force with Judith and Dev, and hearing the audience speak, I just thought that I have an idea that it think takes care of the concerns that Renata also has and maybe somebody else.

I like to use open source a lot but within the task force, probably a contribution that we could make is to all the communities, expose them to some of our tools that we're using in an experimental stage and get their feedback. Because probably we're looking at it from a technical point of view and then end users can probably tell us, look, although it's not so good for US, as part of the task force it could be helpful for us in what we're doing right now, even if it's open source or a commercial product.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh: Thanks. This is Dev. And actually, Juan, I mean thing is that everybody has - can contribute a piece of knowledge because they are so familiar with a particular software or a particular hardware. You know, so for example I would say I mean I know a little bit about Trello but given that you're now using Trello extensively, it would be great if you come on the Technology Task Force and demonstrate what Trello is because not everybody knows about these things, you know. So I think, you know, I'll make that an action item as a suggestion to the chair.

Joan Kerr:

That's great. If there are no other questions, yes, we really found Trello to really help us organize and get our actions done. So we can't promise but we'll sure take it into consideration. So thank you again to Judith and to Dev

for presenting. And you can stay with us if you like or if you have to go, feel free to. Not that I have to give you permission. Yes sure.

So we have our next speaker here, right? Where is he? Not good at the back. So Carlos is going to tell us all about the community resource consultation he's doing and you're on. Tell us a little bit about yourself and welcome.

Carlos Reyes:

Thank you very much for having me. My name is Carlos Reyes. I work in the Washington, D.C. office, primarily supporting the RSAC and the ASO, and then I also do a lot of other activities within the policy team, including public comments and this project now that I'm managing.

In Johannesburg, the ICANN board initiated a process and asked (Sally Costerton) and David Olive to begin a consultation on the various resources that the organization allocates to the community. And as a first step in this process we're tackling the revision of the guidelines for community travel support.

Obviously this is something that a lot of groups benefit from and the guidelines have not been updated since 2013. Typically they're updated annually but this was put on hold while the community worked on the IANA stewardship transition and those related efforts.

So it's been a few fiscal years since the guidelines have been revised but, as we begin this process now that the transition has been effected and the community work has more or less stabilized, at least in terms of the transition, before we begin this process the board asked to consult the community on what has been working and what has not been working with the guidelines.

So in late September the process kicked off with an announcement from David Olive and (Sally Costerton). And the first step in that process, as I mentioned, is a questionnaire. This questionnaire was shared with the

leaders of all the SO/AC groups, the constituencies, the stakeholder groups, and the RALOs. So we're trying to be as broad as possible.

What we're doing now at this point, ICANN 60, (Patrick Jones), who's my colleague on the global stakeholder engagement team, (Patrick Jones) and I are meeting with different groups this week just to preview the effort, but we really hope that you take a look at the questionnaire and either decide to respond as a constituency or if you have individual feedback as supported travelers or not on the guidelines, we welcome all that feedback.

(Patrick) and I will take that and we'll help frame how we proceed with revising the guidelines. A few groups have asked well, you know, what exactly do you want from us? And we're trying not to scope it so narrowly because travel support and all the related experiences can be quite diverse across different groups and obviously regions.

So, you know, please take a look at the questionnaire. I think there are ten questions there. And, you know, if there is other feedback that you'd like us to consider, we'll definitely look forward to that input. And once we see what the scope of what the community is thinking and saying about community travel support, then we'll have a better idea of what the timeline will be for revising the actual guidelines. But we didn't want to limit things from the onset by telling you we're only going to look at this or we're not going to look at that. So we want that direction from the community.

I'll pause there and I'll let - hand it back to you, Joan. And if there are any questions, I'm happy to take them now.

Joan Kerr: Great. Thank you, Carlos. Any questions, comments? Carlos?

Carlos Raul Gutierrez: Yes, Carlos Gutierrez for the record. Carlos, we - this week we have been also discussing about I don't know how far related this is and that's the question, if this relates to the meeting structure or not. You know,

we have tested now the meeting structure for two years in the GNSO Council. We are starting to evaluate that process in terms of the workload that we have and other uncertainties of what's coming in terms of the next few meetings.

I haven't had time to look through your questionnaire. I've seen it. I have like three copies at least in my e-mail and - but I would like to know if that's relates or is not related or if that comes after you do the travel support evaluation or not or maybe it's totally unrelated, if you could clarify, thank you what comes first. Thank you.

Carlos Reyes:

Thank you. So to immediately respond, the short answer is no they're not related but obviously they are interrelated in the sense that a lot of travel support that the organization provides for the community is intended for use at ICANN public meetings. So in that sense any experiences that all of you may have as supported travelers or not and how they relate to meetings I think it's important to keep that in mind. But the structure of how the different meetings and the cycles and the rotations and the regions, that's separate.

That has - that's been something that Göran Marby and the executive team, specifically (Nick Tomasso), David Olive, and (Sally), have started that dialogue with the SO/AC leaders separately about the meeting structure itself. But any experiences related to travel support with regard to meetings, that's totally within the scope of this effort. Does that help clarify? Thank you.

Renata Aquino Ribeiro: Hi. Renata Aquino. Thanks, Carlos, for this presentation. And I really have been looking for an opportunity like this because I am a relatively new ICANN community member but I've been for three years going to meetings but I have just had the - this experience exactly this month of going through a meeting of another community for travel support for that community.

And I have to say they thought I was a bit crazy because I said, "This is so nice, your travel support experience and the whole communication with community members." The experience was much more streamlined than what I had experienced in ICANN. And of course ICANN is a community with meetings that came close to 3,000 members, we know that. But I think there are several points in which there are bottlenecks and the community can easily give inputs and that can help.

But I would say one of the most - biggest difference in this experience was the arrangements for meeting venues and preparation for the community members' participation in terms of travel arrangements and all, simple things as calendars and travel agency website that make a whole lot of difference when you travel to a country you don't know the language, you don't know how to get to the venue.

So I wonder if there can be some sort of monitoring of that, like support for a community member quality program like - so my - I think I might have more than a comment and a question for you. If this work that you're doing now can be something permanent instead of one-off questionnaire and feedback and if this could be consistent monitoring and evaluation. Thanks.

Carlos Reyes:

Thanks very much for the comment. So a few things that I think are - that are relevant from your comment. One, this isn't one-off in the sense that you're not going to hear from me again with regards to this topic. We're going to take the questionnaire and then we're going to revise the guidelines based on the input we hear from across the community. And then there will be a formal public comment proceeding on the guidelines as required for - by the - by our operational procedures of the organization. And then obviously the board will have a discussion as well.

But that's specifically to the guidelines. Now how those are implemented I thin that's the type of feedback we definitely want in the questionnaire. Because there have been very - there has been a concerted effort to

streamline the service that we provide to the community at the organizational level, obviously the constituency travel team, you know, we support hundreds, perhaps thousands of travelers every year so that there's a resourcing question there.

There's also an issue of the different support that the - each community receives separate from the constituency travel team and the actual staff that works with each community. You know, is there a viable opportunity to standardize some of that? I don't know, but the type of feedback that we would get we could make recommendations for implementation as part of the guidelines.

So, like I said, please share that type of feedback. That's exactly the type of I think case studies or user stories that we're looking for. Because you're right, the experience does vary from different community to community and it may even vary, you know, traveler to traveler. Well it does, and there are a lot of different factors that play into that. But the more we can help provider a framework for that, I think the better it is for everyone involved.

Joan Kerr: Go ahead, Tapani.

Tapani Tarvainen: Tapani speaking. I'm not sure if this is in the questionnaire but I'd like flag one issue I've come across a few times. Well I've had very good experience by the way when it comes to travel, personally, but I've often used the option of self-booking and - which gives a fixed maximum limit for the money and that's fixed in a geographical basis similar fashion, like northern Europe including Finland and England in the same lump.

And flying from almost anywhere at all from where I live costs about two to three times as much as flying from London. So lumping them together is not exactly optimal from my point of view. So a bit more (unintelligible) regions, that might be better.

Carlos Reyes:

Thanks very much. I think that's, again, the type of input that we want in the questionnaire. And even if it doesn't - if you don't think it fits into one of the questions, there is an area where you can provide just other feedback. The only comment I have on that is, I think a lot of that is based on algorithms set by industry standards.

Obviously we have a provider, FCM Travel Solutions, but there's a lot of, you know, setting the actual bookings. But it's - I don't know how the constituency travel team works with them to set it, but I think that's something for you to definitely flag. I think that happens for a lot of people, where the pricing based on a particular point of departure is very different than, you know, the entire region for example.

You know, if you're flying out from a smaller airport, there are - it's probably a little more expensive because you have to go to a hub and then you're adding limited times when the airports are open and things like that, and obviously limited service by airlines. So all that type of feedback, totally fair game. Please let us know.

(Alfredo Calderon): Can I make a comment? (Alfredo Calderon) for the record. I need to make this comment. I'm a fellow. I came as a fellow. When my travel arrangements were made, I was supposed to arrive here at 2 a.m. on Saturday at the airport. So starting sessions on that Saturday morning at 8 o'clock, 8:30.

How can the travel agency that took care of me think - believe that I could manage that arrangement, travel arrangement, if I'm traveling from Puerto Rico on a direct flight from Puerto Rico to Abu Dhabi. So they didn't consider that situation because the guidelines say that they have to take the cheapest flight arrangement to get here.

Joan Kerr:

So, Carlos, it was also a question of mine about alignment. Your duty of being here and getting an e-mail saying you are - they give you the dates that

you're supposed to be here but then you have duties. For example I'm supposed to, for me, I was supposed to be at the dinner for the chairs but I couldn't get a flight that got me here earlier so I had to miss it. So I guess that's something you're looking for feedback for is alignment.

Carlos Reyes:

Yes and given - so as I said, I work with a few other community groups. Those types of issues that should be identified as a collaboration between your support staff and the constituency travel team. So when I work with chairs or any community member, if - before the dates are established there's a dialogue about okay when do certain people need to be there because, you know, some people are elected leaders, some people have to be in other sessions.

Sometimes that's not possible because the pre-ICANN meeting schedules are often very fluid. You know, the executive team may ask for leaders to arrive for a session. So there - we have to be flexible. And I think any type of feedback you have on alignment -- I think that's a very good term -- is super helpful because the demands of the organization on the community when it comes to work are only increasing in the aftermath of the IANA stewardship transition.

Keep in mind that the guidelines, as I said, were revised in 2013. Since then we have review teams that are increasing, cross-community working groups on top of all your work at the community level, either constituency, stakeholder groups, et cetera, obviously working groups too. So there's a lot happening and the guidelines do not necessarily reflect that any more. So it's been a big of a growing pain for everyone but I think the more transparent we can be about the different demands and the different experiences, the better the process will be for revising them now.

Joan Kerr:

I'm sorry. Is it follow-up comment? So a follow-up comment for Tapani. Go ahead.

Tapani Tarvainen: Just (unintelligible) for this because I self-booked my flight early on and deliberately put it one day earlier than I was supposed to be here because I expected exactly this to happen, and then a little before the meeting I was told you need to be here. Good you get this hotel room night as well. You have to. But knowing this advance is kind of hard. But I can play sort of if it doesn't happen I have a vacation day here, but not everybody can do that. So.

Renata Aquino Ribeiro: Yes I would just -- Renata -- I would just clarify that the community I was with was (Mozilla) (unintelligible) (Mozilla) Foundation. I was presenting there. And yes one of the things, one of the very small things, I think made a very small difference, I think made all the difference, in preparing was more autonomous access to tools that you could have more autonomous decisions.

So one of the was self-booking tools. Of course there are policies there to limit budget and a huge number of attendees, but somehow the online tools made everything better. So that's just one comment I have to say. So sometimes it's not a big resolution, it's just some little small changes. So, yes, just that.

Joan Kerr: That's it for questions? So, Carlos, here's my final word. Others may suffer

from growing pains with your updating. I really suffer from sleeping pains. So

thank you for coming today.

Carlos Reyes: Thank you. And, as I said, please, we look forward to your feedback.

Joan Kerr: And you'll - I have - I did send the link you sent to discuss this. I'll send it

again. How's that? Great. Thank you.

Okay now we would like to turn to our own community resource, Martin, who was our vice chair and is now a councilor on the GNSO. So if you could tell

us a little about your work and some of the things that we should be mindful at, that'll be great. Martin?

Martin Silva:

Hello. This is Martin Silva for the record. I'm a GNSO councilor, as I said earlier, and I represent the Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group and therefore also NPOC, my home initially at ICANN. I'm going to talk about fun stuff. I'm going to talk about policy specifically.

I would like to try to help the constituency to understand, at least in (unintelligible) way, so we can start, just a kickoff, what type of policies that are being discussed that is (unintelligible) for the not-for-profit concerns. Or, to put it other words is, how the civil society organizes around DNS, how they use DNS to organize, grade NGOs, and operate them. So I'm going to focus on that.

If we all work to - let's play the political way, we have to come together and we want to do our organization, our NGO, a non-for-profit, and we want to use DNS to organize us to have a webpage, to have a (unintelligible) to fundraise, to protect the data for our community and ways of communication, outreach, our guides and everything.

So taking that in mind, what are the current policies that we have been discussing at ICANN that impact that operational use we have of DNS to organize us. Eventually of course we'll identify possible issues or future issues that ICANN should be looking into to respect our interests, our stakeholder, if you may.

So I would like to go into a little bit about the PDPs that are going around. The PDPs are policy development and is what we have to look after here. We tried to identify in those working tracks what issues are relevant for a constituency, what issues are relevant for not-for-profits and the way they operate. And I would like to invite you to look at them and to find what do you find interesting in this.

I will start with the one that I'm working on mostly because it's more easy for me, which is the review of all rights protection mechanisms in TLDs and what's the stake for all constituencies or what is the problem with our protection mechanisms when we have to manage an NGO and we have a domain.

Mainly here the rights protection mechanisms were created to protect trademarks and trademarks are commercial rights. As a not-for-profit, we're usually excluded from that sort of protection and if in these mechanisms there's an unbalance, potential abuse, or let's call an overreach of that protection, or our names can be put at stake, mainly because a trademark is getting a sunrise period and we are not.

So we are being prevented or there's a chilling effect of having maybe not abuse, being in good faith, (unintelligible) for NGOs are not using the DNS much because they don't have the same possibilities as commercial trademarks. And if there is an abuse, NGOs can lose their names because all of the people who use trademarks can use these mechanisms to take them away. So it's important to keep an eye on these reviews and keep an eye on how mechanisms can change or impact our own stakeholder.

Again, I'm trying to be representative with all the NGOs organizations to bear in mind the operational concern part. We are going to act as shell managers of NGO. We have to look after that. So for example, I think this group is interested because of this, because it's a constant strike - it's a constant balance we have to try to strike, not be overrun, not be left out of the discussion.

And as a general note, this is the group that is mainly led by intellectual property lawyers and registries and registrars, so non-commercial interests here are very, very bad represented, not because the people that are representing it like me are bad but because we are very few, and there are a

lot, and they say that we don't gel. So we really need - we could really use input here of this constituency in particular. So I really invite you to come up to this working group. But it's not the only working group where we have stake.

This input goes for the next generation gTLD registrations directory service, or people know it as RDS, which is going to replace the Whois. And one of the things I found out over my years in NPOC is that one of the main reasons that NGOs are worried when it comes to DNS is that there's information in the Whois that could be used for people that are against NGOs, most commonly commercial organizations and the government that maybe are looking for different ways to put pressure on NGOs.

So it's very - it's a concern on what information as an NGO we put in the Whois, because we're giving a name and an address and that can be also used to let's say put pressure on whatever we trying to do in a lawful manner. So we have a stake there. We can discuss whether as an NGO we want more or less privacy, more or less transparency, what's the balance there. But if we put too much, we might as well this risk of leaving things.

There's a special value of privacy and anonymity of for NGOs, and I'm not saying in all cases but I'm saying this is a debate worth having. In all cases I'm just saying that. I'm not striking what we should do, I'm just saying this debate is has an impact on NGOs. Therefore we should discuss it, be there, bring people.

Another - there's also a perspective I think that are missing in the Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group and that's because most of the active people don't come from management positions. For instance, when it comes to budget issues, non-commercial has a very low history on budget review and that has to do because mainly people that are doing budgets, reviewing what budgets are organization - are managers or finance people.

In non-commercial we have, in comparison with the commercial stakeholder group or registrars, we have a very low level of management experience in that. We mainly manage budgets that are only halfway professionally humane in comparison to a big company, a big law firm that they're very used to constantly talking about the budget.

So as an NGO manager constituency if you may, we have a specific (unintelligible) and user when it comes to budget review. So I would also encourage NPOC to start participating more in budget discussions around ICANN because we have something special to add to the NCSG there.

If anyone wants to stop me and do questions, please do. I will just give you my ideas and try to work from there.

Other case, well this is for almost everyone but it comes for the new GTLD subsequent procedures which is going to - I mean, it's how the next round of new GTLDs is going to be. And again, NGOs are very bad represented there. And we are again having the risk of being excluded of this new resource that the DNS is consistently having for us. One proof of this is that there are two groups - or I think there is one specific group called Credit Rights Protection For IGOs and INGOs, which was created to protect names from international non-government organizations and international government organizations in which I feel NPOC should have.

But then - now because it's a very advanced work group, but there's still time always to do work there. To look exactly - okay, what are they proposing when it comes to credit rights for us? Because international organizations that are non-governmental could easily be inside of NPOC, as long as they're not governmental and they have a not for profit chatter and they meet - most of them actually meet our criteria for our charter. So there's some - there is a consistency there that is not being actually - kind of like (unintelligible) but it's doing amazing work, at least in an impact (unintelligible). They're definitely having an impact. I think that impact should be also they're trying to

Page 21

understand what these potential constituency members are doing that we're

not being able to deliver or (unintelligible).

I want to leave the floor for questions or ideas. But I want to keep the

sensation that here in NPOC we have amazing subjects to debate when it

comes to policy in the DNS. It may be challenging at the beginning to

understand the scope of those concerns, but once we get to understand what

is our actual position inside of the NF, there's full of elements that are not

elsewhere. That is action a relevance called to (unintelligible). So I

encourage you to try to - if you may solve the (unintelligible) of DNS from the

end to the beginning.

So try to understand what is our policy that (unintelligible) impact us and then

work our way forward to understand, okay, how can we actually affect that. Is

that a working group? (Unintelligible) is that a public comment? Is that some

sort of cross community engagement thing? Is it about managing the

membership more - in a better way to bring new people that we need? But

that's what I wanted to say today. I think I'm never have this speech before in

(unintelligible) over these whole years, so this is deep stuff, I think. Thanks.

Joan Kerr:

Go ahead. Maryam. Yes.

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes, Maryam Bakoshi for the record. We have a question from

(unintelligible). It says within your - at Martin, how do you see non-

commercial role within the SSC?

Martin Silva:

Which was - which is the security authority?

Maryam Bakoshi: Maybe SSI, he's probably saying. I don't know.

Martin Silva:

If you clarify?

Maryam Bakoshi: Yes, I'll ask him now.

Martin Silva:

(Unintelligible).

((Crosstalk))

Renata Aquino Ribeiro:

Yes, I'll just add I think SMA wants to know at their associates the GNSO standing selection committee that both me and (unintelligible) participants. And I think he means about the role in selecting and appointing people for working groups, the participation in there.

Martin Silva:

Thank you Renata, that's true. I bolded for NPOC. Yes, that's a relatively new acronym for me as well. I think for whole community. I think the role of non-commercial stakeholder group on (unintelligible) is crucial because we have to take care a lot of the leadership positions we have because those are positions to impact on actual policy. To have a final word on what goes out to the board or what goes out to the GNSO board. So if we aren't - that's (unintelligible) gatekeepers. To be able to appoint people that strike a balance, that really take in account the process, the due process, the different stakes, and are not seen to abuse the process I think is a crucial part of the NCSG work.

Joan Kerr:

Go ahead Tepani.

Tepani Tarvainen: Yes, Tepani here. Just trying to clarify the SSC role here. it's basically kind of meeting (unintelligible) because it's - they're doing their rather significant effect on nominations within the GNSO, even though it's not making formally making the decisions, it's recommending them. But a number of the appointments it makes are very important and being able to have our word in there is really critical.

Martin Silva:

Yes, thank you Tepani, I will even go further and say I should have said that before. This is the selection standing committee, and basically what meant is that the GNSO council was wasting -- not wasting -- but was invested in - a

lot of time in selecting people for different roles inside the GNSO. And they say that instead of making every decision a whole voting process thing to create this standing committee. So if people could work on that, like in a separate track. And so the council still has the final word on this, but these people do the work so the council doesn't have to go through unnecessarily burdened process when maybe the selection is very easy and there's no debate and reviewing the profile is not something that maybe all the councils have to do. Maybe (unintelligible) - the decision was that it was more efficient to have a selection standing committee instead of the GNSO council.

Joan Kerr:

So if we have no other questions, I'd like to just address the things that you brought up that we should be involved in. And of course I wrote them down and I think they're well received, just so you know. And I think you'd be rather pleased to hear that we have been identifying some of the things that we should be involved in. One we - I don't remember identifying as a trademark committee. So we have quite a few volunteers that are coming up to help us with some of this work. So I think you'd be very pleased to see what's about to happen. So I just wanted to say that we - it is on our radar and that we're addressing that very issue.

Martin Silva:

I (unintelligible) I know that you already know this, but of course (unintelligible). I mean, I will mentor - I mean, I will leave all my mentor capacity I have for them to engage the best as they can.

Joan Kerr:

Great, thank you for coming. Now we're going to veer away a little bit from the agenda and ask for speakers. So be prepared. If you ever thought you were good impromptu speakers, this is it. So we're going to ask Carlos to talk a little bit about his role as - in NPOC - and by the way, anybody that speaks, has to speak really nice about NPOC. So that's the framework. Our next speaker will be Tepani and Renata and Agustina. Is that okay? So Carlos, if you could speak on any subject that you would like, but it has to be good for NPOC.

Carlos Raul Gutierrez:

of opportunities to bring a different view to ICANN discussions. And for - give us a lot of freedom to comment on public interest things without being governments. As I mentioned before, we bring a perspective here that relates to many areas of the domain names and - that we could exploit a lot more. We are not bound to governments like the GAC people are.

Nevertheless, we are not bound to business either, nor are we trying to defend a personal position.

So you might ask yourself what is left. And for me what's left is the public good. I mean, or the public interest. Or the possibility to adopt some issues that don't fit into the standard boxes. I mean, for me what (Martin) just mentioned, I mean, my legal capacity is - doesn't go very far, so I hardly can keep all these dispute mechanism. But you saw in lack space a beautiful example of using this legal mechanism for small companies or for small entrepreneurs and so on. For me it was a fabulous example that we got from our (unintelligible) people -- for example, in Chile -- how the national registry together with those students are helping people to go through these processes. To recuperate domain names.

Another example that I have had no time to follow up and I missed a meeting this morning is the famous example of the Red Cross Red Crescent, which are vital institutions that aren't governments, are not for profit, are a little bit related to international but not so much. And are very exposed to misuse of their name and - for collecting money for things like that. And looking forward I'm very positive for NPOC. I've been through a very long process of evaluation of the last round in the competition consumer choice and consumer trust review.

And my general conclusion that I take for myself - I hope it comes up in the final report a little bit -- which is being drafted and will be submitted to a second round of comments by the end of the year -- is that the expansion was a little bit based on the assumption that there is only one business model

for domain names, which is - get a lot of registrations on a top level domain. That's it. Volume, volume, volume, like - dot com and so on. It's very positive to see that other examples have come up like cities went through, they were approved by authorities. Some of them were driven by the private sector, others were driven by the public sector itself. Not only cities but some regions also or some countries even got a second country domain name, like Swiss, managed by the confederation.

And so there is a lot of scope for small scale models. I mean, even big cities have gotten a reasonable number of registrations. In the case of Germany, the most successful -- Berlin -- is 100,000 and other cities that have gotten top level domains are below 50,000, below 30,000. Swiss to the last count is under 20,000 registrations. It looks a lot like some of the CTLDs that we have in Latin America that are between 10, 20,000 - 30,000 -- I'm not looking at Brazil -- so for me this possibility of creating niche or differentiation by having small scale top level domains is very important. And they can be driven by language, by geography, by culture, or by choice. Like top (unintelligible) and so on.

So I personally follow up the subsequent procedures because of that. Because I think that we have to make space for small scale, small scale top level domains that are not going to have hundreds of thousands of registrations. That has a lot of implications. Economic and scale and how much do they pay and who manages that. And be careful because some of these choices or niche tend to come with a lot of restrictions. So they seem to be less open. So it's a conflict, I mean, because we come from a world that we think all top level domains should be super open. But the expansion has put us in front of lots of small restrictions to bigger restrictions to more restrictions called private - public interest commitments or conditions that if you want to have the city you have to be living in that city and so on.

So I think this is the - this is my experience from the expansion. I would like to see more discussion about small scale top level domains, and at the same

time worry that by creating small scale top level domains we don't put too many restrictions, because that's like entering conflict. I mean, moving from few top level domains but open -- strictly open -- right now we find ourselves in front of a lot of smaller, bigger restrictions, pharmacy or banks or cities or the Swedes -- even Swedes -- has restrictions only for organization companies or public organizations in Switzerland. So if I'm a Swiss and I want to register the Swiss, probably I don't get it.

So I think we're going to a world of more diversity, more choice. But from my perspective of NPOC we have to be very careful that we are not creating a lot of closed to more closed to very closed conditions for top level domains. So I know it might sound a little bit abstract, but I want to join (Martin) in reinforcing that the subsequent procedures is an important discussion. I doubt we will get into a new round soon. In the best case it's going to take -- I don't know -- two years or so on. Some people are talking about 2020. That might be even optimistic. But I really think that this is a good framework for discussion in NPOC. A lot more of smaller top level domains versus how much are we restricting those top level domains. That's where I think we are right now and that's why I think we have an incredible future in front of us and lots of discussions that we can have and we can have a lot of impact there.

And I think no group is better positioned like NPOC. All the other ones, they have a twist. Like is geographically based, that's already a bias. I mean, other users are users, other are commercial. Others want to protect intellectual property. So everybody has like an agenda. And we think from our perspective we can analyze some issues like the one I proposed from a very - from a very neutral position. That's why I see myself for a long time here. Thank you.

Joan Kerr:

That's great for us to look forward to, having those discussions and having a niche and a focus as well. And also you were saying it seemed abstract, but I remember I think it was a year ago when you brought up the fact that NPOC should be focused on younger people. And so we've been doing that and

we've gotten a lot of traction with that as well. So I just wanted to point that out. So when you mention things, we do take them seriously. Our next speaker is Tepani (unintelligible).

Man 1: Yes, I think something to the point where Carlos was just saying is NPOC

could not register dot NGO.

Joan Kerr: So Mr. Tepani, could you please go ahead.

Tepani Tarvainen: Thank you. So this is Tepani Tarvainen. I'm the outgoing (unintelligible) and I thought I'd make a few points about structure of NCSG and (unintelligible) relation to it and put its place in the ICANN ecosystem and not this (unintelligible). The way stakeholder groups (unintelligible) organize this such that resources are given to constituencies but stakeholder groups are supposed to do the policy work. Which is a bit difficult sometimes to work with. But in principle, the GNSO policy (unintelligible) way would have an impact to guidance counselors, which are selected on a stakeholder group level. They do not represent constituencies, even though they come from constituencies.

But - and of course NPOC being small constituencies within NCSG (unintelligible) most and the other constituency has. That means that having - we have less effect of the selection of counselors. But that's nonexistent. There are other ways of having an impact. Obviously first that the NPOC does have by NCSG charter representatives in the policy committee of NCSG and of course we have a voice. NPOC can make its own position heard in all kinds of mailing lists, public forums, everywhere else.

Ad that is actually surprisingly important. The way policies are actually formed is by persuading people to support them. Not by any group force majority voting scheme. Voting's are in the end not all important. You persuade the voters is the thing to do. All the way up to their sitting in the council. Talk to other people and in the council we have a - the NCSG has

like one third - one fourth which - a little less than one fourth of (unintelligible). Anyway, about one third or one fourth of the seats, so you have to persuade other (unintelligible).

And likewise within NCSG NPOC has - well, matter of definition whether we have a counselor or not, but we are positioned in the policy committee or can persuade other people. I have an NPOC representative in that selection committee noted (unintelligible) officially appointed by NCSG but an NPOC person. So that's (unintelligible). So NPOC does have power and means to have an influence, despite its formally small role.

And of course being small has the other problem that we are - NPOC is short of resources. There are few people at a time (unintelligible) to do things. And the way to use scotch resources efficiently is to have a narrow focus. Pick up selective, key issues. (Unintelligible) push rather than trying to have a word in everything. I - in policies NC - NPOC represents a subject of the policy - interest that NCSG has. And by being experts on those subjects, we can have a significant impact whenever NCSG is discussing those.

Carlos already mentioned a few items I don't think I will go in any detail about. But the NPOC's policy should be (unintelligible) even though I'm actually at the moment within NPOC as well as a representative of (unintelligible). That's a new position I have not been too involved in NPOC policies, so I'll leave it at that. but just point that the way to work -- despite of its small size -- and being small actually has advantages as well, because we get the resources -- travel support and so forth -- (unintelligible) and being small they can be more effectively utilized with less infighting -- let's say -- about who gets to do that. Even though - which is in general something of an issue within various ICANN groups. I guess I'll leave it at that.

Joan Kerr:

Well, thank you Tepani, I think that's great. So one, if you can get the rights to It's a Small World After All Web site. Yes, so we can have that - you know, the song, It's a Small World After All? Okay. So it's - we invited Renata in

Johannesburg to our constituency day. And so she was unable to make it and I don't know why. I don't know if you want to tell us why. But she's here today and she's going to talk to us about anything. You can choose a subject and talk about it. Thank you.

Renata Aquino Ribeiro: Thank you. Renata. Yes, I'm very thankful for the invite and great to be here even (unintelligible) I couldn't for - let's keep it a mysterious reason. But I'm so glad I made it this time. And I wanted to highlight a collaboration with NPOC me as an (unintelligible) member as well as a fellow. I've always had - I've always had a lot of help from Poncelet, from Joan as a coach as well as my mentees. And very thankful for that. And now one of the things that is very important for ICANN now and that I would like to highlight here is diversity participation.

So the cross community working group in accountability in ICANN had a work stream to a sub-group in diversity. And we've had many members from the non-commercial stakeholder group in that working group. But I was there as well as a volunteer member and this working group has concluded its works and now the report is up for comments as to 15th of December. So there is a very extensive report on enhancing accountability in ICANN, recommendations for diversity.

So it's very important -- I believe -- that we get as much volunteers as we can on this comment. This is a problem not to have enough diversity in ICANN. This is a problem that manifests itself -- for example -- in SCC selections where we had a pool of candidates with less - much less than one third of women candidates for a group which needed to have diverse representation. So I am - have said this before and I will say it again. On - in case of legitimate processes, a restart has to be defined. So a process without diverse representation isn't a legitimate process. So if civil society doesn't act upon that, no one else will.

So this is the stakeholder group responsible for that. And we should be adamant about this. So I will just quickly go through the main points of the diversity report. Six elements were identified to define diversity. It's geographic, regional representation, language, gender, age, physical disability, diverse skills, and stakeholder group and constituency. It was included, however as another entry to defining diversity which is self-identification. So whatever isn't on the six elements and relates to diverse representation, one can point out. For example, I identify myself as a Latina woman in technology working in the U.S. That to me is a diversity element. So I am very straightforward about this.

And there are ways of measuring and promoting diversity within ICANN. And there are recommendations - for instance, together - to capture analysis and communicate diversity information as in creating a diversity section on the ICANN Web site, producing an inward diversity report, and including diversity information obtained from that report in the - in ICANN materials.

So policy committee has already sent out a call for volunteers to comment on that report. And I would really like to see ICANN community being involved on this comment. And again, this is a way forward to not only I think change representation but change the role in the society. We have other processes around about (unintelligible) representation that if they don't have enough (unintelligible) society representatives from certain regions, from certain gender, the representation will be made by government and by private sector. This is not something we want in any scenario. So this is something we have to be looking forward to participate in and change.

Joan Kerr:

Yes, I'm going to look forward to reading this one. I'm very curious on what the definition of diversity is. I often see it as gender based a lot of times, and that is quite annoying to me. So, you know, I will definitely - I will commit to at least reading that one. Any questions? Tepani?

Tepani Tarvainen: Actually not so much a question but a comment. I have opposite rather so clearly I get way to much - more respect than I deserve by virtue of being middle aged, European, tall man. It's very easy to do an experiment observing the many context (unintelligible) systems see that someone who lacks some of these qualities -- notably a woman -- makes a comment which is ignored. I take it up and make the exact same statement a few minutes after and everyone takes it seriously. And I think it's ridiculous. And while I am not saint enough not to take advantage of this when it works for me, at least I try and I comment to all others in my position to not follow the same trap myself. And bear attention to that what is being said and realize this natural tendency to -- oh, not so natural -- but common tendency, you know, to give too much weight to such actual irrelevant externalities.

Renata Aquino Ribeiro: I'll just address quickly Tepani's comment. Renata. Yes, and I think the whole idea of building diversity - its hard work. It's hard work and it demands a lot of investment, a lot of time and effort in measuring things and building a (unintelligible) of people who can participate on things and giving different views. And sometimes, yes, we just see it as it's about bringing in people from developing countries. Oh, here come - now we have to get 10 people from developing countries again. And then if you are from a developing country you actually suffer from the other side of the coin which is that, she's just here because she's from a developing country. And so this is the kind of thing we want to change.

We want to prove that diversity representation is (unintelligible) representation - is that more the word I prefer. Across the board is something very important and something that we have to look after. Stakeholder group balance is fundamental. We have also to address regions without myopia. We are in this mess right now with Amazon because of regional myopia. There is no way we have hundreds of regions working group and several sessions in Amazon without communication between these two themes. This is incredible. So we definitely need to discuss these issues and move forward on this. And so thank you Tepani for the comment. We really have

to pass the externalities of the discussion and have a more in-depth look on what is important to build enterprise in ICANN policy.

Joan Kerr:

Great, thank you Renata. So we'll put a link up or how do you send that information out? Okay. Thank you. So Agustina, if you could talk a little bit about the onboarding program. Because one of our focuses for the next couple of days is actually marketing. So if you could outline that for us, then we will be looking at it and reviewing it. Thanks.

Agustina Callegari:

Well, I'm Agustina Callegari for the record. And I'm part of the onboarding pilot program. For those who don't know what the onboarding pilot program means, is a community lead program that aims to build capacity with each ICANN stakeholder group in order to reducing the gap between newcomers and those who are contributing to ICANN, have - by some policy making activities. Well, inside the program, (Martin) and I are the representative of NPOC. There we have been working in developing materials that will help newcomers to better navigate the ICANN environment by providing them a welcoming letter, a toolkit, and different materials that can help this newcomer to feel part of our community and to actively contribute to working groups. Or at least to encourage them to make public comments or to contribute to our constituencies from different - with different activities.

So currently we have - well, since like last ICANN meeting we have the last draft of the materials. We would like to receive feedback from our community in order to finally have a last version of these materials and we can start promoting them. From a marketing perspective, too, we - well, ICANN will contribute to the design and the graphic - the visual part of these materials in order to make them more appealing for our members, because we know that there are many materials - a lot of information -- and sometimes we need to make the life of our member easier. At least easier than we can.

So another idea that we are start working on is to have an ICANN learn curve from NPOC which will specifically address, well, what is NPOC and how -

what does NPOC do inside of ICANN and where - and which topics are we involved and how our members can contribute to the policy making process. So this will be our next step. Well, I think that this is the program. We have developing the materials, we need to come up with the final version as soon as possible so we can start - well, using them and also then if we need - if the material needs to be improved we will know what specific asset we will need to improve for the next - for next year. Because we are almost at the end of a year.

And also, of course, all - the onboarding program and the materials we are developing and also the online course, it's aligned with everything that the communication policy is doing. For example, I know that yesterday you sent the new logo for (unintelligible) and I think we are all working together to improve the way that we communicate with our members. So I don't know if there is any questions.

(Alfredo Calderon): This is (Alfredo Calderon) for the record an ICANN fellow. How does the onboarding program different from the fellowship program?

Agustina Callegari: Well, the onboarding program is not - it's completely different from - for the fellowship program because it has another aim. The aim of this program is to work inside each constituency and also together with other constituencies to improve the way that the constituency communicates with each of their member in order to help them to be better engaged. And also -- for example -- when you are part of the fellowship program or also the next gen program, you are - well, you are being involving the community and these materials are also for people who is not coming to ICANN by these programs. They are not fellows, they are not newcomers. So how can we help these people who is not involved in this program to be involved in the constituency?

(Alfredo Calderon): Okay, so again, (Alfredo Calderon) for the record. Can I have a follow up question?

Agustina Callegari: Yes.

(Alfredo Calderon): So I've been working actually with ICANN through the at-large constituency for the last three years. This is my second ICANN meeting. I went to the first one in Buenos Aires in 2015. So does that mean that at some point instead of asking for a second fellowship to learn more of - about ICANN and how to get involved in more or different working groups - because I think I have my niche already. I think I know where I want to concentrate my - and work. My next step would be instead of a fellowship the onboarding program?

Agustina Callegari: Well, the onboarding program is developed with the materials that can help you to navigate the ICANN ecosystem, but it's not a fellowship program or - it's not providing support to the community to come to the meeting, but it will help people who is not - who are not at the meeting to get involved.

Martin Silva:: What I can add to that is the communities - the program itself - it supports the constituencies - the community. So there's a lot of program - I mean, for us (unintelligible) the program. They talk to us to develop it. So it's not only the fellowship or ICANN staff develops it or implements it. (Unintelligible) is just like a platform or space for us in coordination with staff, uses the resources to develop. For instance, to get guides a platform -- like a Web page -- ICANN learn material. But it's up to us. For instance, some communities decided that they didn't need the program because they already have onboarding materials or they just - they identify that their membership needs something else. It doesn't need an onboarding strategy. So I would say like this is all about the freedom of the constituency to help itself to a better onboarding experience.

(Alfredo Calderon): Just a follow up question. I am in - who organizes the fellows and who organizes the onboarding just for information is it the same...

Agustina Callegari: The fellowship and the - well, (unintelligible) are staff led programs and onboarding program is a community lead program. That's the difference. Of course, the onboarding program is part of a (unintelligible) for across ICANN to map and support the stakeholder share needs. It's targeting individuals between newcomer and leadership positions. But we as a community are developing this program and not staff. We are receive support from staff to -- I don't know -- to have a meeting during ICANN meeting to discuss what thing we can improve, but we are developing the content for our community and taking into account the needs that our community have.

(Alfredo Calderon): Thank you.

Woman 2: And just for clarification, though, its part - that comes through the fellowship program, correct? Not at all. Okay.

Martin Silva:

No. Just make it very clear, it has nothing to do with the fellowship program, nor the next gen program. This is just staff helping us with the community. In each case, each different community -- NCC or organizational the business's constituency -- staff is helping those communities to build their own onboarding experience. To identify what drives new members to enjoy the working groups. What materials could be useful. For instance, we identified in NPOC we wanted some sort of mentorship inside of our constituency. Staff can help us by bringing experience form other constituencies, bringing experience in the fellowship, bringing experience from Web uses for the mentorship. So it's (unintelligible) us. It's up to NPOC on what we want to do. And we just use that onboarding space that staff is creating released with our own goals and for our own decisions. So staff has nothing to do other than just helping us to do what we want to do.

Juan Manuel Rojas: Okay, this is Juan. Is just a quick comment on the first thing Agustina said, that it's perfectly fit with we are doing because -- as (unintelligible) said - we are focusing on marketing strategy and we are planning to get the right messages from who is NPOC, what NPOC - what is NPOC structure, what is

the benefit to being a part of NPOC. And then that course can be built together between us, then it fit perfectly. Thank you.

Joan Kerr:

Sorry, I have to wrap this one up. Thank you so much and your work will come in very handy in the next couple days. So we haven't ignored it. I just want you to know. So thank you so much. We do have to wrap up, but I do want to say a couple of things about the strategic plan and our way forward in my wrap up remarks. First, that we've been reviewing the charter and it's going really well. We're developing a marketing plan and looking at the organization as a whole and to your comments of the - listing all the issues that we should be focusing on and especially that whole niche and narrow focus. So that's our way forward and I think we're doing a really good job about that.

Let me thank all the speakers and for all our visitors. Sorry to anyone who didn't get to speak. I think we try to make sure everybody else speak, but we're going to be kicked out of this room. So this is a hard stop, I'm told. So thank you very much.

Tepani Tarvainen: If I may, you will not be kicked out of this room because NCSG meeting will begin here instead and you are all most welcome to stay.

END