Transcript DNS Security and Stability Analysis Working Group (DSSA WG) 13 October 2011 at 13:00 UTC

Note: The following is the output of transcribing from an audio recording of the DNS Security and Stability Analysis Working Group (DSSA WG) teleconference on 13 October 2011 at 13:00 UTC. . Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases it is incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages or transcription errors. It is posted as an aid to understanding the proceedings at the meeting, but should not be treated as an authoritative record. The audio is also available at: http://audio.icann.org/qnso/dnso/dssa-20111013-en.mp3

On page: http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#oct (transcripts and recordings are found on the calendar page)

Attendees on the call:

At Large Members

- Olivier Crépin-Leblond
- Andre Thompson
- Cheryl Langdon-Orr (ALAC)
- Edmon Chung (ALAC)

ccNSO Members

- Takayasu Matsuura, .jp
- · Jacques Latour, .ca
- · Sean Copeland, .vi
- · Katrina Sataki, .lv
- Ondrej Filip, .cz
- Wim Degezelle, CENTR
- · Luis Diego Espinoza,.cr

NRO Members

- Arturo Servin (LACNIC)
- Carlos Martinez (LACNIC)

GNSO Members

- Mikey O'Connor (CBUC) (co-chair)
- Rossella Mattioli (NCSG) on adobe connect
- Don Blumenthal (RySG)

- •Rafik Dammak, GNSO
- Scott McCormick (IPC)
- Rick Wilhelm, Network Solutions

SSAC

Jim Galvin (SSAC)

ICANN Staff: Patrick Jones Nathalie Peregrine

Apologies: Greg Aaron – (RySG) Nishal Goburdhan (NRO) Mark Kosters (co chair) (NRO) Bart Boswinkel Keith Drazek – (RySG) Joerg Schweiger.de (co chair) John Levine Otmar Lendl, .at Patrick Vande Walle - At large Chris Wright, .au George Asare-Sakyi – (NCSG) Adam Palmer - (CBUC) Andrew de la Haye (NRO Member) -Mohamed El Bashir (At-Large) David Conrad (SSAC)

Coordinator: Excuse me.

Julie Hedlund

I just need to inform all parties today's conference is being recorded. If you have any objections, you may disconnect.

And you may begin.

Natalie Peregrine: Thank you very much, (Laurie).

Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. This is the DSSA Corps on the 13th of October, 2011.

Page 3

On the line today, we have Rossella Mattioli, Wim Degezelle, Rafik Dammak,

Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Andre Thompson, Olivier Crepin-LeBlond, Mikey

O'Connor, Scott McCormick, Takayasu Matsuura, Jim Galvin, Jaques Latour,

Katrina Sataki, Ondrej Filip.

On staff, we have Patrick Jones and myself, Natalie Peregrine. We have

apologies from Mark Kosters, Bart Boswinkel and Greg Aaron.

I'll ask you to please state your name before speaking, for transcription

purposes. And thank you very much and over to you.

Mikey O'Connor: Thanks Natalie and welcome all.

Oh, and we've got a fair amount of stuff to go through, but it's all sort of

getting ready for the Dakar meeting.

But with that in mind, feel free, you know, we'd - we still have one more

meeting of the co-chairs this week and then we'll head to Dakar, either in

person or for me, in my bedroom slippers.

And I need to let people in the room so that I can see the agenda. There.

These - the first thing I want to do -- if you look on the current version of the

mind-maps, what I've done -- and I apologize, Olivier, I didn't get these out

because I did it this morning.

But what I have done is I have slightly rearranged them and consolidated

them so that we can focus on the stuff that's in scope, at least per the

discussions we've had, because I think one of the things that the co-chairs

are interested in doing in Dakar is working through the beginning of the

priority setting.

10-13-11/8:00 am CT Confirmation # 8632166

Page 4

One of the - one of the deliverables in this phase of our work is in front of you,

which is a list of threats.

It's not done -- we have things under discussion, and I actually have a few

more to add to the pile, but I haven't had a chance to summarize them yet.

But of the ones that we've reviewed, these are the ones that are in scope.

And I think that it would be really useful for us in Dakar to at least begin the

process of trying to identify the priority that we attach to these.

And so I mostly just wanted to let you see the fruits of our work over this last

few months, because I think this is pretty good. We have a bunch of things

that we agree are in scope, we have a couple that are still under discussion.

And what I've done in this version of the mind-map is I've moved the out-of-

scope ones down a layer so that they don't appear. They're still there and we

can certainly revisit them if anybody wants to, but this is sort of where we're

at.

And I think that one of the agenda items for the meeting in Dakar will be to --

just like we did in Singapore -- do a face-to-face small group session where

people have a conversation about which ones they think are the highest

priority and then maybe spend a little time talking about it as a whole group.

So I just wanted to show you that. That's going to be the list of items to

prioritize. And he says, tiptoeing very carefully, I'm hoping that this doesn't

crash Adobe.

It didn't. Good.

This is the one for vulnerabilities, also slightly rearranged. And again,

apologies to those of you who aren't on Adobe connect, but these will be

posted to the Wiki as of, you know, later on today.

10-13-11/8:00 am CT Confirmation # 8632166

Page 5

The thing about vulnerabilities that I did in addition to all that compressing out

is I arranged them from top to bottom.

Basically, at the top are the most operational kinds of vulnerabilities and at

the bottom are the most managerial and then put the registry fill over

continuity discussion in the middle, because it's really both.

And so fellow was going to get really cute -- the PowerPoint slide with the big

arrow. You know, I could do the continuity arrow thing.

But this one's probably going to be harder to prioritize, just because it's so -

and each topic is so broad, but again, I think that it would be useful in Dakar

to at least take a try at that.

So that's sort of where we're at. I don't think we're going to do any work on

these today. I just wanted to show you the work that we've done, which I think

is fabulous.

And I think we've got a pretty solid piece of work to go talk to people in Dakar

about and get their reactions and feedback.

So with that, I want to take us into the rest of the meeting talking about stuff

that's going on in Dakar. And of course we have a mind-map for that, so let

me show you what the co-chairs have been working on.

You may think that the co-chair calls are simply a sort of recreational period

where we share a drink and tell stories, but you would be wrong. We've been

working hard on what we're going to do in Dakar and I just wanted to give you

all a sense of what we've been thinking about.

I'm going to start in the middle.

10-13-11/8:00 am CT Confirmation # 8632166

Page 6

We have a slide deck that I think we've reviewed in this call that we're going

to - the co-chairs are going to take around to our respective groups and

update our groups.

And our goals there are to update folks, but also to raise their awareness of

what we're doing and get their ideas. And we'll capture those and bring them

back to our meeting.

And you can see up here in our tentative agenda for our meeting, one of the

things that we'll do is we'll bring back an update from those conversations.

And one of the action items is that we -- just before this meeting, Bart sent

out an email to the DSSA group that gives a summary of all of the update

meetings and you are all welcome to attend any of the ones that meet your

schedule.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: I don't remember that email.

Mikey O'Connor: C'mon phone. Stop ringing. Please stop ringing. It'll stop ringing in a while.

There we go.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: It - when did that email go out, because I haven't seen that yet.

Mikey O'Connor: Watch your screen go blank. Wham.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: No, don't.

Just get back to me later, but I'm - I've been online for the last couple hours

and I haven't seen it come through, so...

Mikey O'Connor: Oh, and the reason is because it went to the ops group. Let me forward that.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Well, there you go.

We mere - we mere members don't know about it. Perhaps you'd like to fix

that at some point.

Mikey O'Connor: Yes, I can fix that right now.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Thank you, kind sir.

Mikey O'Connor: Yes, this is what we do on the Internet. We do things right away, because

otherwise some of are old and forget.

Now that's taken care of. Thanks for pointing that out, Cheryl. Okay, so that's

in route to your mailbox -- should be there soon.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Grazie.

Mikey O'Connor: And so let me then go on to our meeting with the SSR group.

And that's happening at 8 am Thursday morning in Dakar, Dakar time. I will

be somewhat incoherent, because it's like two in the morning my time. That

ought to be pretty interesting.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Welcome to my world.

Mikey O'Connor: I know. I thought you'd get, you know, I was - I was sort of trolling for that,

Cheryl. So I will be in my bedroom slippers as I always am when I attend a

DSSA meeting.

And here, our goals are similar to the updates to the SOs and ACs, but

there's more. And this is new news to everybody except Patrick. Patrick and

Alejandro Pisanty -- who's the chair of the SSR RT NI -- have been having a

conversation.

10-13-11/8:00 am CT Confirmation # 8632166

Page 8

And one of the interesting things that came up in that conversation that I think

I will insert into the slide deck for this meeting is something that I wanted to

review with all of you today, because you -- except for Patrick, the co-chairs

haven't seen this stuff either.

When I sent Alejandro our update slide deck, he came back very positive,

great job, blah, blah, blah, but also implied that our - there was perhaps a

need to clarify the scope of the respective work efforts.

And so if you'll humor me for a minute, I'm going to share a slide deck that

I've sent to Alejandro.

Let's see. I've got to do this in order, I guess.

This is a deck that I put together. And as you can see -- I hope you can see...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Yes.

Mikey O'Connor: ...I'm not being shy about how little this has been reviewed by anybody, so

this could be all wrong.

But I wanted to convey the impression that at least my understanding of the

SSR RT is that their scope is very broad. Their job is to cover the whole

security waterfront, visa ve ICANN.

And there may be a fairly lively discussion around this, because they may not

agree.

But the point that I'm really driving to is that our scope is quite narrow. We're

really doing a subsection of what I would consider to be a kind of traditional

risk management project.

10-13-11/8:00 am CT Confirmation # 8632166

Page 9

And so then I stuck -- again, this is sort of from the US National Institute for

Standards and Technology -- NIST -- this is their sort of standard picture of

risk management.

And our charter is really identify threats and vulnerabilities and then take a

snapshot of where we're at, which is, you know, a deep dive into a very small

part of a full-fledged security management review.

So I just wanted to get that in front of you all, because I think the conversation

with the SSR could get very substantive and very productive for both sides.

If I go back now, I'm going to - I'm sorry to be whipping you through all these

documents, but as you can see, there's a lot to talk about.

And so if I go back to the mind-map, one of the things that we've been talking

about is - oh, there it went. Goodbye.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: He'll be back.

Mikey O'Connor: I'll be back.

Well, I'm going to give up on Adobe for a minute and just talk it off while it

rediscovers itself.

I think the key point that we want to discuss in Dakar -- both in the meetings

and in the hallways -- is how can these two groups help each other out? How

can we collaborate, how can we avoid...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Tripping over...

Mikey O'Connor: ...tripping over ourselves, right. Reinventing the wheel, creating work for each

other, et cetera.

ICANN Moderator: Glen Desaintgery 10-13-11/8:00 am CT

Confirmation # 8632166

Page 10

And part of the reason that I wanted to emphasize this on the call is because

I know a lot of you know the folks on the SSR RT. And in fact, we have some

people that are in our group that are on that group as well.

And I think that that would be a really productive use of both the face-to-face

time that we have scheduled and hallway time. And so it's - that's just sort of

a heads up for that.

Okay. Now I'm going to just keep - you know, the sign of insanity is to keep

repeating something that fails over and over again. I'm going to just go share

my screen again, dang nab it and keep my fingers crossed, because I also

want to show you the thoughts that the co-chairs have had for our meeting.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Oh.

Mikey O'Connor: And as you can see, we've been at work and we've got some ideas.

We've got two things that we really want to work on. One is continuing to

finish off the phase that we're in right now, which is identifying threats and

vulnerabilities.

And that's where the priority setting face-to-face let's start session shows up

in our tentative agenda.

But then the other thing that we want to do is begin the next phase, which is

the analysis of these things. And so we'll, you know, we'll do sort of a little

process update.

We may actually have - pull - I'm actually going to pull some of these things

up into the front of the agenda, because this is an open meeting. But once we

get into the face-to-face part, it's not going to be very interesting for the

observers of the meeting.

Page 11

And so I think what we'll do is we'll cluster all of the updates at the front of the

meeting and then the real work will happen after those.

And there I think that in the next phase what we need to start thinking about

is okay, how are we going to do this analysis? Not in great detail, but some of

this has never really been done before and I think we have to start inventing

ways to do it.

And so part of the reason that we wanted to highlight this for you today is to

give you a head start to thinking about it prior to the meeting.

If you take a look at those threats and vulnerabilities and if you then dive into

the mind-maps that are below them, we have a lot of ground to cover. And

the question that needs answering here is how are going to do that?

I think what we may want to do -- and this is again Mikey off on his own, not

having checked back with his co-chairs, so this may not be right -- but we

may want to do one analysis.

We may want to pick a topic and do an analysis of that topic as the whole

working group to learn how to do this analysis together. And then if we are

comfortable with the way we've done it, maybe break into subgroups after

that so that we can tackle a few of these simultaneously.

But because this is unusual and new work, I'm a little uncomfortable splitting

into subgroups right away. And so that's part of the last conversation that

we'll have in Dakar, is okay, how do we handle subgroups, how do we

identify who is in them and so on and so forth.

And I think it may be easier to do that after we've done an analysis. So that's

sort of the current state of affairs in terms of our agenda. That meeting I think

starts around eleven, Dakar time.

And so that's kind of the story on Dakar. And with that -- now that I've talked at you for 20 minutes straight, I'd like to stop and get your reactions to all this -- any helpful hints, any ideas to make this better, et cetera.

This is that silence, which is either I've bored you to death or your co-chairs have done a great job.

(Luis), go ahead.

(Luis): Yes. Good morning in this side of the world.

> I think it's a - it's more productive to begin the next phase to start a new - a new face of this working group in the - in the face-to-face meeting, because it's easy to complete the already done job - work by email or by remotely, I think.

I think the - I think the face-to-face meeting is more productive if we can start meetings, we can do the brainstorm. That's my opinion.

Mikey O'Connor: Yes. I agree, (Luis). I think that the - the update kind of stuff I'm less interested in doing in a face-to-face meeting. I don't think that's a good use of our time. I think the best use of face-to-face meeting is to do face-to-face work.

> And so I think that the emphasis in this agenda will be to zip through the updates very quickly and then spend most of our time working. You know, and there's Cheryl saying the same. She probably said it and I didn't see it.

The other thing that I want to amplify is this idea that - don't just limit your conversations to the meeting. Another opportunity of spending five days together in Dakar is that many of you will have a chance to talk with people in the hallways about this.

ICANN Moderator: Glen Desaintgery 10-13-11/8:00 am CT

Confirmation # 8632166

Page 13

And I think the more of that we can do, the better. I wish I was there so that I

could hand out silly green stickers so that you could identify each other, but I

can't.

And so if anybody felt so inclined as to buy some stickers at the stationary

store and bring them along and to that, I think it would be fantastic, because

that's I think the biggest opportunity in Dakar or at any ICANN meeting, is to

have those smaller conversations and learn from that.

Olivier Crepin-LeBlond:

Mikey, (unintelligible).

Mikey O'Connor: Yes. Go ahead.

Olivier Crepin-LeBlond:

Want to jump in.

Bart has sent to the ops list the overview of the update sessions and the

meetings of the working group, both in the ALAC, the GNSO, ccNSO, et

cetera.

I think it might be helpful to have this sent to the wider DSSA list, because as

we said, taking the time to do an update during the DSSA session is not a

valid use of our time.

We have to do face-to-face work during that time. However, the sessions with

the ALAC, the GNSO, the ccNSO will be actual updates.

And so it might be helpful if any of our loose members any members that

have nothing to do around those times to turn up in those rooms and lend

either a hand or a moral hand to the people who will be doing the update.

Mikey O'Connor: Absolutely right and I just sent Bart's note out to the DSSA list I think that

might have happened I can't remember if it happened before the call started

but anyway.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: It happened during the call Mikey 14 minutes ago.

Mikey O'Connor: (Unintelligible) listen to this precision 14 minutes ago oh because she can

read it.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr I happen to have it open in front of me.

Mikey O'Connor: Never mind sorry just thinking what a mind. Anyway it's on the list now Olivier and I think, you know, it makes a very good point which is that we are going to be doing these updates for our respective ACs and SOs and that's really the place to get the update.

> But also it's a place to lend a hand and participate in the discussions. The one in the GNSO is going to be very interesting because we're actually in exactly the same time slot with the SSR our key update to the GNSO Council.

> And so some of the conversation that I outlined earlier about scope and some of these slides and so on may actually begin in that update session because both Alejandro and I will be in that session together.

And so there maybe the beginnings of some dialogue there too. So if I were to lobby for a good one to attend the GNSO one might be a good one. I think its late Sunday afternoon in Dakar.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Anything else?

Mikey O'Connor: This could be a short meeting should be okay I suppose. You know, I think that we've got a pretty solid body of work to go to talk to people about and I think another hallway agenda item for those of you that are there is to - if you know other folks in the security community that are not participating directly in what we're doing this would be a good time to update them on where we're at and get their ideas.

ICANN Moderator: Glen Desaintgery 10-13-11/8:00 am CT

Confirmation # 8632166 Page 15

I might suggest printing out a couple of the - maybe the three or four slides of

our update presentation and just have them, you know, with you when you're

walking around so that you can give people a little mini presentation of the in

and out of scope (direct their) vulnerabilities.

Because it would be very helpful I think to hear from others especially people

with an interest in security what they think and get their ideas and bring them

back.

Okay well we're kind of waiting for (Luis). (Luis) if you want you can just jump

in otherwise I think we're going to - oh a booth - oh a DSSA booth. Oh a logo

oh that starts all kinds of wheels going.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr Oh dear now you've got Mikey very excited.

Mikey O'Connor: Yes dang it I wish I could be there. I'd love to staff a booth wouldn't that be

fun?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Next meeting Mikey next meeting.

Mikey O'Connor: For sure. We definitely need a logo. Okay well that definitely has wheels

turning but a one pager is a good idea. I'll take an action to do that, it'll black

your screen out for a minute sorry but just do a one page summary for walk

around.

This may crash Adobe when I come back no it didn't. That's a good idea

maybe just a little stack of one pagers in that booth (huh) Jim? Jim's point for

those of you who can't see Adobe is that ICANN has a booth and we can...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Excellent.

Mikey O'Connor: It's a great idea. I'll do that. Who do...

Man:

Actually more broadly they have, you know, one of those spinning racks, you know, in which you can put, you know, pieces of paper and they bring that to all of their booths and so we could just get a slot and, you know, put a 100 copies of something in there and see how many get taken away.

Mikey O'Connor: Oh great. Who do I get that to to get the stuff in the slot or do we just carry them in ourselves and put them in?

Man:

Well we've probably missed the ship date for getting it to Dakar so somebody's going to have to carry it physically and bring it there. Usually the shipping date for these things is a month out.

And I'm sure we've got somebody here on staff on the call who can speak to this but we're going to need to print it and have somebody just carry it with them in their bag and then bring it over to the booth on Sunday or Monday.

Mikey O'Connor: Is there a printer there so that somebody could just churn out a bunch of copies while the...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Yes.

Man:

You could do that but, you know, that always adds expense. It's always nicer if somebody can bring it with them but, you know, leave it to the staff to sort out how they want to do that I would say.

Mikey O'Connor: Okay. I will get a one pager out today and I'll email it to the whole list with and (Patrick) is saying Julie, Bart and (Patrick) will talk about it and get back to us on that so I'll take the action to get that one pager put together.

> Because the nice thing about a one page that's printed is that the type can be quite a bit smaller so I think I can get all of that into one page without a whole lot of trouble.

Man: Yes and one page does mean both sides right?

Mikey O'Connor: True.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Double sided ain't four.

Mikey O'Connor: That's true good point. Well then it's easy for sure then it fits very nicely.

(Luis) is suggesting a huge title with a scary (unintelligible). That's a great

idea not sure I can come up with that in one day but I will.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: The next version.

Mikey O'Connor: Yes and DNS doom.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Please don't please.

Mikey O'Connor: I could get us into a lot of trouble if I'm not careful.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Oh yes.

Mikey O'Connor: I'll probably play that pretty straight.

Olivier Crepin-LeBlond: It's Olivier here would you wish to print a piece of the mind map in

there as well or?

Mikey O'Connor: Yes I'm thinking I might just make a mind map of that, you know, basically

what I can do with the mind maps as they stand right now is we could print them one on each side and I could open up out of scope stuff because now we have the flexibility to have smaller type and just use that as the document.

Cheryl has her hand up?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: I know it's uncharacteristic of me. I normally just jump in. I thought I'd behave for a very brief moment. I just like to keep you unbalanced Mikey, you

know. Cheryl for the transcript record.

Mikey on the slide the one pager which is now two pages can we have some sort particularly if we're going to - and I like the idea of having the slide expansion of the mind map in there.

Can we have an email address for people to respond to or the Wiki page linked or something that like if they've got the piece of paper in their hand over coffee and they have a (unintelligible) to the head they can log on and interact? Radical concept I know.

Mikey O'Connor: I don't know it's pretty scary Cheryl. That's (unintelligible) interaction with the

community it gives me the shakes.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: We do have a Wiki space it does have comment space at the bottom of it.

We could, you know, hang it risk this whole dealing with the public bit.

Man: As long as we're talking out ideas here for interacting, you know, if we're

going to print these one pagers and we can actually get them there and have

them in rack since our meeting is on Thursday something else I would

suggest is make sure to upload this PDF to the agenda page of this

document so people can get it from there if they want it.

And just before the meeting for the public meeting on Thursday somebody should walk down to the booth and go grab whatever copies are left over and

bring them to the meeting and hand them out.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: That's Olivier's job.

Mikey O'Connor: Poor Olivier how did he get stuck with that job?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Because he's not in Adobe Connect when he's in the South of France in a beautiful day in a sunny environment and it's nearly 2:00 am here and I felt like saying that.

Olivier Crepin-LeBlond: This is bullying. This is absolute bullying and my advice to Cheryl is we're going to have a chat about this.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Bring it on boy bring it on.

Mikey O'Connor: Oh I'm in trouble I'm just waiting for Adobe Connect to crash here. Okay so let me just capture some of this stuff. We're going to post the one pager to the meeting agenda on the ICANN meeting Wiki.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Wiki indeed and (unintelligible) yes exactly.

Mikey O'Connor: We're going to bring - kind of having a little trouble here.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Did you actually drink that coffee or did you just make the coffee?

Mikey O'Connor: You know what I think (Marci) may have slipped me a cup of decaf this morning. I'm sort of walking in circles and bumping into things. We might actually bring them to the meetings (huh) because we could bring them to the SSR meeting and we could bring them to the updates.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Yes.

Mikey O'Connor: Which means we'd probably need more than 100 copies.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Well it's a bit, if I may, and I'm not using my hand because I can only (unintelligible). Olivier should he so desire could ask the staff for the at large briefing just to have it on the thumb drives that we give everyone with all their meeting materials on.

Olivier Crepin-LeBlond: Is somebody here. I think that's already being arranged.

Everything that we will require during our meeting we'll have on the thumb drives.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Yes so Mikey doesn't - all you need to do is get the one pager when Mikey produces it and make sure (Matt) puts it up on the thumb drive.

Mikey O'Connor: Yes and I'll get that out today so that it's available for folks and then (Patrick),

Julie and Bart can see about getting a boat load of copies of it in Dakar or

printed in Dakar or something too.

Wow that was a great rift way to go. This one pager is going to be a handy gizmo I think. Maybe I should clarify the rack so we don't get the mid evil thing going here.

Olivier Crepin-LeBlond: Mikey Olivier here. Do you think that this one pager then would need to be brought to each one of the actual information meetings that will be conducted so with the GNSO one then someone would have to take it from the rack. Taking the rack as being the central location where they'll be stored I guess.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Yes.

Mikey O'Connor: Yes I think that's right and I'm going to have to figure out - is there somebody from the GNSO on this call that's planning to go to that meeting that could be the physical carrier of pieces of paper because I'm not going to be there. I'm not going to be able to grab copies off the rack.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Is that something that we could ask Glen to follow up on Mikey?

Mikey O'Connor: Yes I think that's right. Let's see so the rack. I kind of like the rack, you know.

I could see weaving that into a number of conversations so have you been to the rack recently? Copies go there.

Page 21

Yes I've got - (Patrick) is saying not everyone wants to add paper to their bags to bring back from meetings so if there's a one pager that's loaded is

there a PDF for the meeting page that would be good.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: All of the above yes.

Mikey O'Connor: And in addition then Cheryl chimed in with the ALAC at large thumb drives

will also have it on it and everybody will get one of those in the (meeting).

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Yes.

Jim Galvin:

I'm sorry so this is Jim. Just for one clarification here with what (Patrick) is saying. My expectation would be that, you know, worse case somebody

needs to carry copies to Dakar to hand out but I would certainly not bring

anything back.

You know, what I mean whatever is not picked up if there are any pages left

over they just get recycled or whatever. There's no reason to bring them

back.

Mikey O'Connor: Yes and I think what (Patrick) is saying is...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Personal luggage.

Mikey O'Connor: Individual sheets in people's bags.

Jim Galvin:

Yes I mean, you know, I've done it before and other people have done it I'm sure. We've all had our chances for this thing but, you know, whatever we

can do. You know, somebody carry a few sheets, print some there maybe a

little of both whatever works.

Mikey O'Connor: Yes. I think the key to the one pager that we could talk from. I think the real key is the hallway conversations where you can sort of pull out that one page document flatten it on a table in front of somebody and say well sir here's where we're at what do you think of it?

> Get some reactions to it scribble some notes on it and bring it back to the DSSA meeting Thursday and we'll fold that into the conversation.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Great (Patrick) is something we can print in Dakar that makes this (unintelligible).

Mikey O'Connor: Yes right and I'll get a PDF out so that, you know, you can just drop it on a printer and off it will go. Cool.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: And it's the sort of thing if we reach (unintelligible) essentials we can just do the half a dozen around the place but, you know.

Mikey O'Connor: Yes I think it would be great for each of us to have a few and then if somebody says oh that's really interesting let me take a copy and, you know, be able to distribute them I think. The more of that the better.

> Okay well that's good. Pager not pages. Take the action to prepare. Treading on thin ice here get this saved without crashing Adobe good. Okay anything else. That was terrific. A great idea.

All right well I will see you online in Dakar. Have a great time. I wish I could be there.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Going to miss you Mikey.

Mikey O'Connor: Yes well I'm going to be in Costa Rica for sure.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: We can have a booth in Costa Rica and tee-shirts with a logo.

Mikey O'Connor: Yes and neon and, you know, I've got a little (LED) programmable, you know, the thing is (DANX) that has text that scrolls across in red and blue.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Oh what the heck do we ever (respond) like that to a home meeting.

((Crosstalk))

Man: Just a quick question, you know, (Edmond) asks in the meeting room there

are we meeting next week or not?

Mikey O'Connor: We're not meeting next week (Edmond). I will take an action I'm going to blow

away your screen for a moment.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Can I - sorry. With the prior planning business having sent out the update

sessions at the meetings in the different briefings like GNSO and CCNSO it would just be really nice if we knew the rooms that each of these places were in so unless you are in a you may not know where the ALAC room is. That

sort of stuff.

Mikey O'Connor: Yes that would be useful. (Patrick) could you take that as an action for Bart to

revise his notes and.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Especially on Sunday when things may not be so well landmarked and,

you know.

Mikey O'Connor: It may be that we'll want to wait on that until a little bit closer to the meeting

because rooms do tend to still be moving right now.

(Patrick): We'll update that based more of the current meeting rooms are going to be.

Mikey O'Connor: Yes I think that would be helpful and thanks (Patrick). Oh (Luis) is offering.

Anything you need from Costa Rica just let me know. I didn't realize that

that's where you were. That's terrific. A local expert. Yes that's going to be cool.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: And we'll try to make these to stay cool aren't we Mikey?

Mikey O'Connor: Yes well we already are cool I think. We've got color red green and mind

maps, you know. We're cool already.

Okay I think that's it and no meeting a week from today. Everybody is likely to be traveling to Dakar at that point. I'll get an announcement out about that for

the list and thanks (Edmond) for the heads up on that.

And so our next all DSSA meeting will be in Dakar in two weeks.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Brilliant.

Mikey O'Connor: It'll be a great day I think. Thanks all. That's it for me.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Thank you Mikey.

Olivier Crepin-LeBlond: Thanks everyone thanks Mikey.

Mikey O'Connor: I think we're done Natalie. We can wrap up the recording.

Coordinator: Thank you very much. (Laurie) could you please stop the recording. Thank

you.

END