ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

whois-tf3-report-comments

Center for Democracy and Technology Comments

  • To: whois-tf3-report-comments@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Center for Democracy and Technology Comments
  • From: Michael Steffen <msteffen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 19:19:00 -0400

The Center for Democracy and Technology submitted the attached comments to the Whois Task Force 2 on privacy. We are submitting them to Task Force 3 as well because we believe privacy and accuracy in Whois are integrally related goals. The best way to increase the accuracy of the database is to guarantee registrants protection for their personal information. As long as Whois lacks such safeguards, many users will feel compelled to place inaccurate data in the database not because of ill intentions, but for personal protection.

Mike Steffen
Policy Analyst
Center for Democracy and Technology
http://www.cdt.org/