ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

whois-tf3-report-comments

ICANN Comments

  • To: whois-tf3-report-comments@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN Comments
  • From: "Reid, Amanda" <asreid@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:43:37 -0400 (EDT)

My name is Amanda Reid and I'm a graduate student at the University of Florida. I am submitting this comment in response to ICANN's (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) comment request regarding policy development for the WHOIS database.

My comment is as follows: I support that privacy protections are key to ensuring accuracy. The more valuable the data the greater the incentive to try to protect it by falsifying information included in an unsecure database. The best way to ensure accuracy is to minimize the amount of sensitive data accessible from the database.

Respectfully,
Amanda

-- Amanda Reid JD/PhD Candidate University of Florida