ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

whois-tf1-report-comments

ICANN comments

  • To: whois-tf1-report-comments@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN comments
  • From: "Reid, Amanda" <asreid@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:28:28 -0400 (EDT)

My name is Amanda Reid and I'm a graduate student at the University of Florida. I am submitting these comments in response to ICANN's (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) comment request regarding policy development for the WHOIS database.

My comments are as follows:

First, I oppose the creation of a White List.

Second, I support the Task Force report's conclusion that the treatment of sensitive and non-sensitive data should be distinguished. Namely that access to sensitive data, such as registrant's name, address, telephone number, and email address, should be more limited than access to non-sensitive data, such as technical contact name and contact information.

And third, all requests for sensitive data should be made for each domain name on an individual basis, not in bulk.

Sincerely,
Amanda

--
Amanda Reid