ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

whois-tf1-report-comments

Registrar is FAKING a bill to customer to gain transfers to their services

  • To: <whois-tf1-report-comments@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Registrar is FAKING a bill to customer to gain transfers to their services
  • From: "Andy R. Spliethof" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:21:43 -0700

Domain Registry of America (www.droa.com ) is continuously sending mailed solicitations in the format of a bill.

Our customers who are not "web savvy" mistake this as a bill and inadvertently signup for registration services at DROA. This is a bad, wrong, immoral and expensive technique for gaining new customers and we are considering a class action suit against them. By maintaining them as a Registrar in status, other organizations such as your own may be considered as accommodating the subversive nature of their business model. I urge you to put a stop to this, it is a common complaint across the web with this company and MUST be stopped today.

Please keep me informed on this matter.

Kind Regards,

Andy R. Spliethof
President, Spliethof Inc.
An Internet Corporation
dba Scarab Media & ASPilot.com

www.scarabmedia.com | www.ASPilot.com
Full Scale E-commerce applications, web stores, online automated services and more.
541-734-7308 : 1-888-755-7308 : fax: 1-866-728-8436 :
andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Makers of Pilot Cart Web Store Applications