ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

tf3-survey

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

[tf3-survey] Re: [USIIA Alert 04:01] - ICANN Survey of "WhoIs" Database Accuracy

  • To: <tf3-survey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [tf3-survey] Re: [USIIA Alert 04:01] - ICANN Survey of "WhoIs" Database Accuracy
  • From: "Support@xxxxxxxxx" <support@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:10:54 -0500
  • Sender: owner-tf3-survey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1. What steps do you take to verify the accuracy of data that
is submitted to your company as part of an online transaction?

   b) Manual review of all data

2. How do you ensure that the customer's name, address and other
identifying information is correct?

   a) check manually
   d) other: please explain - We mail a confirming signature form via USPS.  If
it is returned as undeliverable, we consider the transaction questionable.

3.  Do you rely on a web GUI, online template or other up
front screening mechanism that the customer must complete to
encourage the accurate listing of identifying information?

   Yes: IF yes, please identify which apply:

   b) automated template

4. Do you use credit card information and passwords to verify the
accuracy of the customer's identity and the legitimacy of the
transaction?

   Yes

5. Do you believe these systems are effective to provide your company
with a upfront warning about  inaccurate data or  potential frauds in
online transactions?

   Yes

5.  Do you use in-house capabilities or retain outside services to
provide verification services?

   Use internal/in-house capabilities

6. What steps do you take when you learn that your customer data may
be inaccurate or instances of fraud are reported?

   a) contact customer for correction

7. Do you have a process in place for receiving reports of
inaccuracies or fraud?  What is that process?

   a) yes

   c) IF yes; please describe:  simple e-mail or phone call to our abuse/support
staff

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>