ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

tf2-sg2

RE: [tf2-sg2] Proxy services overview

  • To: "'Thomas Roessler'" <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tf2-sg2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [tf2-sg2] Proxy services overview
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:19:53 -0600
  • Sender: owner-tf2-sg2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

I find the information regarding proxy services included in this document as
very one-sided and incomplete. This document appears to be constructed with
the sole purpose of pointing out the flaws of proxy services.

And it is particularly harsh on Domains by Proxy, including several links to
derogatory remarks labeled as "anecdotal evidence" about the service without
any indication of an attempt to contact DBP to at least get their side of
this particular story. You assume that the information you are linking to is
true and complete. Has anyone attempted to contact DBP? If you would like to
do so, I can put you in touch with them straight away. And to make the
assumptive remark that the single case referred to is evidence of anything
makes me question the whole data collection process that was done on these
services.

In fact, were any of these services actually contacted, sent a survey, asked
for other customer comments and "anecdotal evidence?"

The idea that the task force would consider this document as compelling
evidence, data, or anything empirical at all would be a shame.

Tim