ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

tf2-sg2

[tf2-sg2] How to proceed?

  • To: tf2-sg2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [tf2-sg2] How to proceed?
  • From: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:28:22 +0100
  • Cc: Barbara Roseman <roseman@xxxxxxxxx>, GNSO Secretariat <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, jbuchanan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-tf2-sg2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

we should probably spend some time on figuring out what we report
back to the task force and the ICANN community at large on current
practice with respect to WHOIS.  I'd suggest we schedule a
conference call for some day later this week.

We will have to look at the material that we received pre Rome, and
the staff's report on registrars' current practice in implementing
policies related to notification of and consent by registrants.
(Glen, Barbara: Where's that report, again? I have the feeling that
I've received a copy some time ago, but have lost it.) Also, there's
a response from .pl directly to Task Force 3, and the CENTR survey
at <http://www.centr.org/meetings/ga-21/WHOIS-paper-v1.0.pdf>; see
also
<http://gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/dow3tf/msg00112.html>.

Thoughts?