[registrars] Updated COI statement

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Updated COI statement
  • From: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:26:59 -0700
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(The update is in the last part of the third paragraph.)

I am Vice President of Corporate Development and Policy for The Go Daddy
Group, Inc. The Go Daddy Group companies include eight ICANN accredited
registrars including GoDaddy.com, Inc. GoDaddy.com is a member of the
Registrars Constituency of the GNSO and I am its Registered
Representative.

GoDaddy.com is a member of the dotMOBI Advisory Group (MAG). I represent
GoDaddy.com on the MAG. I am on the MAG Steering Committee and have been
appointed by the Steering Committee to represent the MAG on the dotMOBI
Policy Advisory Board (PAB). The MAG and PAB, among other activities,
are involved in recommending policy to mTLD, the dotMOBI Registry
Operator.

GoDaddy.com recently acquired a small interest in Afilias Limited for
investment purposes. GoDaddy.com and Afilias USA recently formed a joint
venture dba Alliance Registry, in which Afilias USA is the managing
member and assumes authority and responsibility for all day-to-day
registry operations. Go Daddy and Afilias also recently formed a joint
venture with MEnet, a Montenegrin company. That joint venture, doMEn
doo,
was selected by the Government of Montenegro as the Registration Agent
for the .me ccTLD. I currently represent Go Daddy on the Board of doMEn.

GoDaddy.com is also a member of the United States Council for
International Business (USCIB). The USCIB is a member of the Business
Constituency of the GNSO. Our primary interest in the USCIB is the DNS
and Internet Identifiers Working Group.

GoDaddy.com was a founding Member of the Country Code 1 ENUM LLC. I
represented GoDaddy.com on the Board of the LLC from Aug 2004 through
Dec 2006, at which time GoDaddy.com withdrew from the LLC.

I do not have possession of, or access to, Registry Proprietary
Information or Registry Sensitive Information in relation to any of my
positions or appointments noted above, or through any other source or
avenue.

Tim Ruiz
Vice President
Corp. Development & Policy