From: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bruce Tonkin
Sent: February-09-08 1:13 AM
To: registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [registrars] WG: [council] Domain Tasting Design Team
Proposed GNSO Council Motion

Hello Rob,

> I am concerned about percentages, as it allows registrars that are
> larger to offer services that the smaller ones can not.  For
> example, a
> large registrar could offer tasting still, because of their size based
> on the percentage system.
>
> So I prefer just a flat number that we are all allowed.

Although that then benefits those with large portfolios of registrar
accreditations.
e.g if you have a 100 registrars and 1000 names per registrar - that
provides a tasting pool of 100,000 names.

Sounds like we are creating another thread game.

Alternatively you could just remove a threshold percentage but drop the
amount that needs to be paid during the first 5 days.  e.g 10 cents
instead of 20 cents for example.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin