Re: [registrars] WG: [council] Domain Tasting Design Team Proposed GNSO Council Motion

On 8-Feb-08, at 12:14 PM, Moshe Fogel wrote:

a small registrar can be harmed by an overnight of 100s - 1000s if not more false registrations.

I'm speaking from a small registrar perspective in this case Moshe. Minimal anti-fraud screening procedures go a long way towards mitigating the risk you are speaking of. It makes no sense for any registrar, regardless of size, to rely on the AGP as an anti-fraud measure.

With very little technical or financial investment., fraudulent registrations can be detected within minutes or hours of registration.

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services
t. 416.538.5492
c. 416.828.8783
http://www.domaindirect.com

"To solve the problems of today, we must focus on tomorrow."
- Erik Nupponen