Re: [registrars] WG: [council] Domain Tasting Design Team Proposed GNSO Council Motion

  • To: "Jeffrey Eckhaus" <jeckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] WG: [council] Domain Tasting Design Team Proposed GNSO Council Motion
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 10:56:39 -0500
  • Cc: "Thomas Keller" <tom@xxxxxxxx>, <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Adrian Kinderis" <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 8-Feb-08, at 9:39 AM, Jeffrey Eckhaus wrote:

If another registrar that you mentioned has the half the fraud the
GoDaddy has, maybe 5,000 domains in a given month, but only has 50,000
net adds per month then their percentage of returns is much higher, even
though they are suffering less fraud or other returns than GoDaddy.

They would lose their merchant account before they got to this point.

Let's be realistic - there's absolutely no practical reasons to set the thresholds that high unless we are baking in a carve-out for a small amount of tasting each month.

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services
t. 416.538.5492
c. 416.828.8783
http://www.domaindirect.com

"To solve the problems of today, we must focus on tomorrow."
- Erik Nupponen