RE: Re: [registrars] Re: FW: ICANN per-name fee at start of AGP vs at exit.

  • To: "'Paul Goldstone'" <paulg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: [registrars] Re: FW: ICANN per-name fee at start of AGP vs at exit.
  • From: "John Berryhill" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 08:54:59 -0500
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>do any other registrars want to
>vote on making sure we have a threshold and possibly a
>discretionary allowance

Paul,

We did that, although I can see how the point has been muddied.

The most recent vote was on the basis of an amendment to take a poll
according to an amendment to the main statement.

All attempts to "spin" this thing aside, the "preferred" recommendation of
the overall statement is clear.

The following portion of the statement was independent of "View", and
already states what you are suggesting, which is why horizontal bars were
put in:

http://icannregistrars.org/Talk:ICANN_Registrars

Preferred - The GNSO should recommend that ICANN make the transactional fee
component of the variable Registrar fees apply to all new registrations
except for a reasonable number that are deleted within the AGP.
Implementation time for Registrars would be negligible.

Acceptable but not preferred - The GNSO should encourage gTLD Registries to
only allow AGP refunds on a reasonable number of new registrations, noting
that such action is affective only if all gTLD registries apply it, and do
so in a reasonably consistent manner. Implementation time for Registrars
could be substantial depending on how each Registry decided to define their
policy. If Registrars need to modify their systems and/or services a minimum
of 90-days advance notice should be given.