[registrars] New European-Based Registrar Liaison Manager

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] New European-Based Registrar Liaison Manager
  • From: Tim Cole <Tim.Cole@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 05:00:45 -0800
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Cc: Steve Gobin <steve.gobin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce that ICANN has hired Steve Gobin to work out of our Brussels office as a member of the Registrar Liaison team.  Steve started Monday.  I am spending time with him in Brussels this week.  While he won't be joining us in Delhi, we are making plans for him to get acquainted with ICANN and its registrar community in the coming months.  His experience (detailed below) has meant that he has already had significant interaction with many of the European registrars and he brings a depth of understanding of the industry.

Here is the official announcement:

Steve Gobin has been appointed as Registrar Liaison Manager for Europe.

Based out of ICANN's Brussels office, Steve will be the main point of contact within ICANN for European registrars and will provide a variety of service support to ICANN stakeholders in the region as well as providing overall support to ICANN's accreditation process.

Steve has been working for more than eight years in the domain name sector, covering its commercial, legal and technical aspects.  During his career, he has built relationships with many prominent registrars.

Prior to joining ICANN, Steve worked as an Account Manager for EURid, the .eu Registry.  His tasks included providing dedicated support to French- and German-speaking registrars, working with registrars to identify and implement registry process improvements, and participating in accreditation reviews, billing support and training.

Before joining EURid, Steve managed the ROLEX group's domain name portfolio and supported the company's legal division in Internet disputes.  Prior to that, he worked for PSINet Europe's DNS department with responsibility for customers with global domain name portfolios.

Steve holds a Master in Translation from the University of Mons (Belgium). He is a native French-speaker, fluently speaks and writes in German and English, has a business knowledge of Dutch and a conversational knowledge of Danish.

I know you join me in welcoming Steve to ICANN and to his role in support of registrars.

Tim Cole

Chief Registrar Liaison
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers