Re: [registrars] "Registered Representative" defined; RC Mailing list access to be limited.

On 14-Jan-08, at 2:54 PM, Rob Hall wrote:

That is why I first proposed a members only mailing list at the San Juan meeting, at which Dan Warner of Fabulous suggested upgrading to a forum type list, and then he went out and volunteered to set it all up, which
is now done.  Dan did a great job getting the basic forum setup and
operational, and Godaddy is hosting it at no charge for the
constituency.  Thank you to both of them for that.  It would be fairly
easy to put a front end website at that hosting account too, in front of
the forum, for other constituency business.

Except now we have another place to go and check stuff - another userid, etc.

I don't think I'll be participating in the forums. This isn't a knock against anyone that wants to go in this direction, but I rarely use the web for communications with other people and most of my workflow is built up around email and RSS. The last thing I need is another username, password and URL to remember.

Sorry guys, but this really doesn't work for me. If this is the direction that we're moving in, great - but I really don't think that I'll be able to play along if it is...

The easiest way to get a member only mailing list is to delete all the non-member subscribers from this mailing list. While I appreciate the energy that went into the forums, I really see it as a poor re- invention of the wheel.

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services
t. 416.538.5492
c. 416.828.8783
http://www.domaindirect.com

"To solve the problems of today, we must focus on tomorrow."
- Erik Nupponen