RE: [registrars] Proposed RC Website

Jon,

Sorry for the delay - typical Monday!

Thanks for your response about the website ideas.  I've seen the Wiki
but like you said, it needs quite a bit of TLC.  If it's okay, I'd
like to make a fresh start and put together something more complete
and spruced up - something we can be proud of and use to inform others
and attract more paying/voting members.

Assuming these docs are all current, I'd take the following content
from the Wiki:

RC Fast Track rules
RC Rules of Procedure
RC Bylaws
List of Constituency Members

The first 3 items will cover the legal page I suggested, and the
member list will either remain as is, or get integrated into a bigger
list of all registrars and whether they're members or not.

That just leaves the other pages I mentioned below, unless there are
any other suggestions.

I think an hour or less is rather ambitious for what I have in mind
but I appreciate Eric's input, particularly the suggestions to use CMS
and to add a function for mini polls.

I still think that the Forum is a great idea.  It would definitely be
a link on the site, and I join Rob in thanking Dan for setting that up
and GoDaddy for hosting it.  Still not figured out what my username
is, but I'm probably missing something obvious.  I also agree with
Rob's point about making RC communication a priviledge to paid
members.  Although the ability to vote should suffice, it seems there
needs to be some other added benefit/reason to join.  Having said
that, I'm sure there are some who would argue that general RC
communication must be public (perhaps it's even a rule?).

I wasn't aware that the RC already contacted registrars to become
members, mainly because I wasn't contacted.  Perhaps it's a new
effort.  Either way, a better looking website, with info about the RC,
reasons to join, and an easy method to join is a good idea to get the
numbers up.

What are the next steps for getting this approved?  Should I just wait
for further word after your meeting on Thursday?

Feel free to contact me off-list any time (well, not too early!) to
discuss further.

Despite my passion for curry I will not be able to make it to India,
but I'll make an effort to participate when I can by phone.

~Paul