RE: [registrars] Network Solutions is Front Running!!!

  • To: "Registrars Constituency" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Network Solutions is Front Running!!!
  • From: <ricardo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:15:43 -0300
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jay:

If I remember right, there is a provision on the ICANN-Registrar contract
which prohibit Registrars to do "wharehouse" of domains. Even if the price
to sell  the domain is the same, a Registrar can not register the domain
name in his name.

  [  ]'s

Ricardo Vaz Monteiro

  Jon,
  What the hell are you guys doing over there?

http://blog.domaintools.com/2008/01/network-solutions-steals-domain-ideas-co
nfirmed/

  I think this gives the entire industry a bad name! Personally I think it
is unethical and hope that you go fire the person that thought this was a
good idea. Network Solutions just gave themselves a huge black eye on this
one. I am not sure how much damage control you can do on something like
this.

  Jay