[registrars] New Delhi Hotel details; OUCH!!!

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] New Delhi Hotel details; OUCH!!!
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:20:37 -0800
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 12:21 AM 12/20/2007 Thursday  +0100, GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>The hotel details for the ICANN meeting in New Delhi are now available at:
>http://del.icann.org/hotels

Dear Registrars:  Ouch, here comes the shocker of the century:-(

[Hey, I wonder whether the RC's contributions to ICANN will be tapped to pay for GNSO reps to go to Delhi -- at *these* prices?  We have a motion on related matters in the discussion period right now.  The whole concept of rotating through the five ICANN regions should be reevaluated if these remote third world countries don't at least have reasonable rates for accommodations.]

US$455.00/day for a single room, US$493.00/day for double occupancy.  There's probably taxes, gratuities and "service" on top of that.

Regards, BobC