[registrars] Re: [RC Voting] Motion to adopt Tasting Position Statement

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Re: [RC Voting] Motion to adopt Tasting Position Statement
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 13:13:22 -0800
  • Cc: RC Voting Members <votingmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 12:56 PM 11/9/2007 Friday  -0700, Tim Ruiz wrote:
>The Registrars Constituency (RC) has not reached Supermajority
>support for a particular position on Domain Name Tasting. Below
>are statements of the views/positions espoused by RC members.

Dear Tim:  Firstly, I endorse your motion.

I think you should have posted it to the general RC list.  That is the way I read the Rules of Procedure.  I would be pleased to do so on your request.

At the same time, your present motion equivocates on your original draft.  It is my opinion, shared by others, that we need quantitative data from our membership.  Therefore, I shall proceed to post the motion which I have drafted and shared with you for your comments.  I just don't see how our delegate can credibly represent the whole of the Constituency without being armed with our votes.

Regards, BobC