[registrars] RE: Registry Sensitive or Proprietary Information

  • To: "Michael D. Palage" <Michael@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Registrars Constituency" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] RE: Registry Sensitive or Proprietary Information
  • From: "Paul Stahura" <stahura@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 17:32:49 -0700
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mike,

Wow... "less than forthcoming".  I interpret that as "lie", which I take
seriously.  The bottom line is that neither I nor eNom have access to
any registry sensitive data.  Be it .TV, .COM, .INFO or any other gTLD,
ccTLD, sTLD or xyzTLD.  I just pretty much copied the language I sent to
the list the last time I ran for this position.  I didn't disclose what
eNom was working on back then and I don't have to disclose what eNom may
or may not be working on now.  My statement is 100% forthcoming when it
comes to registry sensitive data which is what the statement is all
about.  The rest is basically a resume.  If the statement would require
people running for some office to give out its own company's
secret/proprietary data/information/plans, no one would run for
anything.  I understand what Tim disclosed, and I think I have an idea
for what he didn't disclose.  The information he disclosed was pretty
much already public info, the new stuff being at the dnalliance.us
website.  Plus, in my mind, he didn't have to disclose all that he did,
even though it was public anyway.

you said
>...it should
>be clear that these deals have to involve at least SOME form of
registry
>sensitive or proprietary information...

I agree, it should be clear, but obviously it isn't (at least, I think,
to you).  I can not speak for pool.com or Godaddy, but the fact is that
neither I nor eNom has any registry sensitive data.  We do not have ANY
form of registry sensitive or proprietary information and never have had
it.  You implying/insinuating that we do, or even that we may at some
point in the future, does not make it so, now or in the future.

Also, everyone knows we are marketing .TV names: which registrar isn't?
That has nothing to do with our knowledge of registry data.  Marketing
names.... Registry for names.  Now... the Future. Two very distinct,
different things.  If I didn't know you as well as I do, I'd guess you
were trying to blur the lines yourself, but speaking of blurring the
lines and being "forthcoming"... refresh my memory of which registrar do
you represent on this email list, or are you a registry consultant or
what?  Anyway, thanks for your support of my candidacy even if you are
not eligible to vote for me.

I'll leave registries owning registrars for a separate thread.

Paul