RE: [registrars] Registrar Resolution
- To: "'Thomas Barrett - EnCirca'" <tbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'registrars'" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [registrars] Registrar Resolution
- From: "John Berryhill" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:11:12 -0400
- In-reply-to: <038301c76bfc$11ee9ed0$6500a8c0@blackdell>
- Organization: John Berryhill, Ph.d., Esq.
- Reply-to: <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: Acdr6pnJ1kOkF0BTSfO16/bkRJJflgAERgKAAAZlKeA=
"What data needs to be escrowed?"
That's an odd question coming from the organization which owns this US
Registered Trademark alleging use in commerce since 2001:
Word Mark ICANN
Goods and Services: DATA ESCROW SERVICES, NAMELY, ELECTRONIC STORAGE OF
DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION DATA AND OTHER PROPRIETARY INFORMATION. FIRST USE:
20011108. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20011108
Registration Number 2730991
Registration Date July 1, 2003
Owner (REGISTRANT) Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
CORPORATION CALIFORNIA 4676 Admiralty Way Marina Del Rey CALIFORNIA 90292
Attorney of Record Louis Touton
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
The 'specimen of use' filed is somewhat quaint - it is ICANN's 2001
announcement that ICANN is giving serious thought to actually getting around
to establishing registrar data escrow, um, real soon.
Ah, the good old days...
From: John Berryhill [mailto:john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 11:54 PM
"a similar vulnerability exists due to ICANN's failure to implement a
registar data escrow system for domain registrations"