Re: [registrars] Q: are registrars allowed to deny transfers-out

  • To: Mark Jeftovic <markjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] Q: are registrars allowed to deny transfers-out
  • From: Dan Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:59:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Cc: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.icann.org/transfers/policy-12jul04.htm

[Quote Section A.3]
Instances when the requested change of Registrar may not be denied include, but
are not limited to:

    * Nonpayment for a pending or future registration period

    [...]

    * Domain name registration period time constraints, other than during the
first 60 days of initial registration or during the first 60 days after a
registrar transfer.
[/Quote]

Seems to me that expired domains apply to one or both of those bullet points and
should not be blocked.

Daniel J. Wright                           wright@xxxxxxxx
Lead Software Developer, pairNIC   https://www.pairnic.com
pair Networks, Inc.                    http://www.pair.com