Re: [registrars] Alternic

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] Alternic
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 14:52:07 -0700
  • Cc: Pat Kane <pkane@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 12:42 AM 3/6/03, Paul Goldstone wrote:
Bob,

It was Eugene Kashpureff in 1997.  Here's the old cnet article:
http://news.com.com/2100-1023-204904.html?legacy=cnet

~Paul

At 11:09 PM 3/5/2003 -0800, Robert F. Connelly wrote:
Dear Colleagues: What was the name of the guy who broke through and edited BIND to redirect the NSI registration page to his own web site for registering with Alternic. That was in 1998, I think. He escaped into Canada; was arrested in Canada; extradited to the States, convicted in Federal Court and did hard time here.

Regards, BobC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"One test is worth three expert opinions!"
U.B. Bray

In a case in which I'd made an assertion that he didn't think was correct,
Doctor Bray would come out to my lab and say, "Let's have a meeting
of the Skeptics' Committee".  He'd then take a clean beaker and graduated
cylinder off the rack and start to experiment.

The results may have confirmed my assertion -- or disproved it -- or sent
me out for further confirmation.  But the fact is that "One test *really is*
worth three or more expert opinions.

Doctor Bray was the most brilliant industrial chemist I have ever known.

Here's another opinion:

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing."
Albert Einstein
In light of the above, I cannot understand why NASA management
did not call for a space walk by the crew of the Columbia *prior_to*
the ill fated return flight.  Certainly there could have been another
way to return the crew to Earth.