Re: [registrars] Letter to ICANN Board

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] Letter to ICANN Board
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:59:58 -0800
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 02:45 PM 2/17/06, Bhavin Turakhia wrote:
I have obtained a copy of the letter that Jon Nevett circulated. I believe
all of us as Registrars should sign on to this letter and send it to the
Board. I am circulating it as an attachment. All those who believe the
content represents their view about the new proposed .com settlement please
let me know and I will add your name and finally submit it to the board

Dear Bhavin: We at Domains Only are in full agreement with the content of Jon's letter and would be pleased to have our name added to the list of signatories. Regards, BobC

[Let me add, to give in to this litigation is like letting the bully win. I don't know what it would cost for ICANN to continue with this litigation, but, unless they do, the losses will be less than will be heaped upon 1. registrars, 2. registrants, 3. users of the Internet and 4. the general public all across the globe in future years. With this windfall pot of gold, Verisign will probably spin off the registration business for a significantly larger profit than they could without this "give away" by ICANN.]