[registrars] Best Tech Moments of 2005

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Best Tech Moments of 2005
  • From: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 14:56:32 -0500
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All:

Now is the time of year when we are besieged with "Best of 2005" lists.
However, I thought this one Best of List was worth noting as it includes
one of ICANN's own, DirectNIC/Intercosmos.  This Wired article entitled
Best Tech Moments of 2005 listed "Katrina, blogged" as their number 3
entry, see
http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,69900-0.html?tw=wn_tophead_1.

The last couple of years has really seen a number of disasters, both
man-made and natural, (2003 Northeast US Blackout, 2004/2005 Hurricane
season, 2005 Tsunami, etc.) however, despite it all ICANN accredited
registrars and registries around the globe have continued on. I think
that is an accomplishment of sort, and something worth noting. I am glad
the Wired news article was able to shine the spotlight on one such
example.

Happy holidays,

Michael D. Palage