Re: [registrars] FYI - ICANN Posts .aero, .coop, and .museum Renewal Proposals for Public Comment

  • To: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] FYI - ICANN Posts .aero, .coop, and .museum Renewal Proposals for Public Comment
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 00:06:40 -0500
  • Cc: "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for this Michael.

Registrars - I would urge you to read and comment on these proposals. There are several substantive issues that these proposals raise that we should be concerned with. Primarily, the request from two of the registries to reconsider the requirement to use accredited registrars and also the question of whether or not the continued use of sponsorships for TLDs and the attendant delegation of policy making responsibilities is appropriate or not.

-ross

Michael D. Palage wrote:
Hello All:

I thought the following might be of interest to the registrar community,
see http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement1-21dec05.htm.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage