[registrars] 2005 WDRP Report

  • To: "Registrars" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] 2005 WDRP Report
  • From: "Tim Cole" <cole@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:29:40 -0800
  • Cc: "'Mike Zupke'" <mike.zupke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Colleagues,

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you who responded to ICANN's
recent Whois Data Reminder Policy Survey and Compliance Audit.  The "2005
Report on Implementation of the Whois Data Reminder Policy" was published
today.  The Report notes significant improvement in both survey response and
compliance with the WDRP.  You can find the report on the ICANN website at:

http://www.icann.org/whois/wdrp-survey-report-30nov05.pdf

One of the outcomes of this study was the recognition that there still may
be some confusion about the reminders among some registrants.  Based on
registrar feedback and ICANN experience with registrants, we have created a
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for WDRP inquiries.  This can be found
at:

http://www.icann.org/whois/wdrp-registrant-faq.htm

We encourage all registrars to include a link to these FAQs in future
reminders.  If you have any questions or suggestions for additions to this
page, please feel free to contact me or our new Registrar Liaison Manager,
Mike Zupke, mike.zupke@xxxxxxxxx.

Again, thanks for your cooperation and your compliance!

Best wishes,

Tim Cole
Chief Registrar Liaison
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

4676  Admiralty Way, Suite 330
Marina del Rey, CA  90292-6601
USA

Direct:  310 301-5811