[registrars] BOHICA

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] BOHICA
  • From: "John Berryhill" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 08:22:15 -0400
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It looks as if ICANN and Verisign have come to agreement on the suit
relating to Sitefinder and other registry service issues...

.com going to $9.00 in 2012.

Man, I wish I could settle my disputes by taking it out of other people's
pockets...

http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/verisign/com-registry-agreement-22sep05
.pdf

 (d) Maximum Price. The Maximum Price for Registry Services subject to this
Paragraph 7.3 shall be as follows:

(i) from the Effective Date through 31 December 2006, US$6.00;

(ii) for each calendar year beginning with 1 January 2007, the smaller of
the preceding year's Maximum Price or the highest price charged during the
preceding year, multiplied by 1.07.

[...]

(g) Maximum Price does not include ICANN Registry-Level Transaction Fee. The
Maximum Price does not include, and shall not be calculated from a price
that includes, all or any part of the ICANN Registry-Level Transaction Fee
set forth in Section 7.2(d) or the Variable Registry-Level Fee set forth in
Section 7.2(e), above, or any other per name fee for new and renewal domain
name registrations and for transferring a domain name registration from one
ICANN-accredited registrar to another.

(h) Collection of ICANN Registry-Level Transaction Fee from registrars.
Commencing on 1 January 2006, in addition to charging an amount not to
exceed the Maximum Price, Registry Operator may also invoice and collect
from each ICANN accredited registrar an additional amount not to exceed the
ICANN Registry-Level Transaction Fee set forth in Section 7.2(d) or the
Variable Registry-Level Fee set forth in Section 7.2(e), above, or any other
per-name fee for new and renewal domain name registrations and for
transferring a domain name registration from one ICANN accredited registrar
to another, that Registry Operator is obligated to pay to ICANN based on
Registry Operator's sale of Registry Services to that registrar.