RE: [registrars] Nominations for Treasurer

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Nominations for Treasurer
  • From: "John Berryhill" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 16:38:18 -0400
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am periodically engaged to consult with registrars on matters of
intellectual property (e.g.
http://www.arbforum.com/domains/decisions/174667.htm ).  I have asked the
Secretary for a list of RC member registrars to supplement the member noted
above if necessary.

Apart from communications pursuant to the accreditation and license
agreement of the registrar I represent here (Domain Name Sales Inc.), I am
not, and have not been engaged by any current registry.  In association with
the firm at which I had practiced until July, I had represented and advised
a radiofrequency identification standards organization conducting business
with Verisign in the area of electronic product code registry services.
Pursuant to that engagement, I was in possession of registry proprietary
information, although not in an area relevant to ICANN.  I am no longer
associated with that firm, and no longer represent that standards
organization.  My former firm's engagement by that standards organization is
a matter of public record.

I have advised a prospective, although not present, sTLD registry in the
limited area of intellectual property policies.  While I understand that
prospective sTLD registry has proposed to engage the services of a present
registry, I am not aware of the proposed engagement, as it does not relate
to the limited scope of my engagement with the prospective sTLD registry
organization.

John Berryhill