RE: [registrars] Single letter domain names

  • To: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Single letter domain names
  • From: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 06:43:59 -0700
  • Cc: Margie Milam <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Stahura <stahura@xxxxxxxx>, registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

all registrants and registrars. If ICANN auctions these, will the
proceeds reduce, or potentially eliminate, some of the registrar and
registry fees for a period of time? Do we really want to skew off onto
this issue, which will get very heated and complicated, given the other
things on our plate?</div>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 8px; MARGIN-LEFT: 8px; BORDER-LEFT:
blue 2px solid"><BR>-------- Original Message --------<BR>Subject: RE:
[registrars] Single letter domain names<BR>From: "Bruce Tonkin"
&lt;Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;<BR>Date: Wed, August 17, 2005
9:50 pm<BR>To: "Margie Milam" &lt;Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;,
"Paul Stahura"<BR>&lt;stahura@xxxxxxxx&gt;,
&lt;registrars@xxxxxxxx&gt;<BR><BR>Hello Margie,<BR><BR>&gt; This
<BR>&gt; could be addressed though a number of means, such as <BR>&gt;
auctions, or higher fees. &nbsp; Obviously the interest in these
<BR>&gt; names would drop as the price increases. &nbsp;<BR>&gt;
<BR><BR>Actually the "interest" will probably rise as the price
increases, but<BR>the number of buyers that can afford them may
decrease :-)<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Bruce </BLOCKQUOTE>