RE: [registrars] Proposed DNSSEC workshop for registrars at the ICANN meeting in Vancouver

  • To: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Proposed DNSSEC workshop for registrars at the ICANN meeting in Vancouver
  • From: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 05:33:50 -0700
  • Cc: registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bruce, yes on both counts. <BR><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 8px; MARGIN-LEFT: 8px; BORDER-LEFT:
blue 2px solid"><BR>-------- Original Message --------<BR>Subject:
[registrars] Proposed DNSSEC workshop for registrars at the<BR>ICANN
meeting in Vancouver<BR>From: "Bruce Tonkin"
&lt;Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;<BR>Date: Thu, August 18, 2005
1:04 am<BR>To: &lt;registrars@xxxxxxxx&gt;<BR><BR>Hello
All,<BR><BR>Please see below.<BR><BR>Please let me know if you would
like to participate in organising a<BR>workshop for registrars on
DNSSEC.<BR><BR>Any indication of interest in attending such a workshop
would also be<BR>useful
:-)<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Bruce<BR><BR><BR>-----Original
Message-----<BR>From: Allison Mankin <BR>Sent: Thursday, 18 August 2005
5:27 AM<BR><BR>Subject: DNSSEC Program Committee for
ICANN/Vancouver<BR><BR>Hi, All,<BR><BR>We have discussed holding a
session about DNSSEC oriented towards issues<BR>of registrars with the
technology and process. &nbsp;These are bound with the<BR>relation of
registrars and registries.<BR>The idea would be to have a real
conversation with registrars at the<BR>Vancouver ICANN meeting, to have
the DNSSEC deployment group have<BR>dialogue with this group directly.
while deployment is still in early<BR>stages.<BR><BR>This is to invite
you to help us make up the program, including<BR>encouraging the
registrar participants.<BR>Suggestions of others for this committee are
especially welcome. &nbsp;The<BR>present activity will entail one-ish
phone calls, with a preference<BR>given to jabber conferencing (I'm
suggesting) and a not large amount of<BR>email.<BR><BR>We're in touch
as well with Tina Dam, Tim Cole and one other from ICANN,<BR>who will
provide at least one participant, as I understand.<BR><BR>Looking
forward to talking with you. <BR><BR>Allison </BLOCKQUOTE>