[registrars] Packed GNSO Council agenda for 18 August 2005

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Packed GNSO Council agenda for 18 August 2005
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 19:47:02 +1000
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All,

The GNSO Council agenda is available at:
http://www.gnso.icann.org/meetings/agenda-gnso-18aug05.shtml

There is a fairly packed agenda.

Issues include:
- internationalised domain names
- WHOIS
- new gtlds

It is difficult for Council members to get input on all the issues
before the Council at the moment via the mailing list.

I propose that we hold a monthly registrars constituency teleconference
to go through the issues on the Council agenda (e.g 48 hours before a
Council call), and obtain appropriate input before each Council meeting.
The registry constituency follows this principle and it seems quite
effective.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin