RE: [registrars] Motion to Adopt: Whois Conflicts

  • To: Robert F Connelly <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Motion to Adopt: Whois Conflicts
  • From: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 02:51:52 -0700
  • Cc: RC Voting Members <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bob,

Sorry to be late with this comment, but perhaps the ballot can be
amended without starting it over? The actual motion was presented by
Ross Rader and stated:

I move that we adopt Bruce Tonkin's amendments to the Whois Task Force
Recommendations on Avoiding Conflicts with National Law and that our
Task Force and Council representatives advocate the adoption of this
position in their respective meetings and discussions.

Note that the motion has two parts to it and so I think it should be
clear what we are voting on. I think this can be done by amending the
ballot to state:

It has been moved by Ross Rader and endorsed by five members that the
Registrars Constituency adopt Bruce Tonkin's amendments to the Whois
Task Force Recommendations on Avoiding Conflicts with National Law and
that our Task Force and Council representatives advocate the adoption
of this position in their respective meetings and discussions. Please
vote Yes if you approve or No if you disapprove. You may also Abstain
or key in comments.

Then the text of the Recommendation as amended by Bruce should be
attached to the ballot for review if possible.

Thanks,
Tim