RE: [registrars] [Fwd: [council] Removing Price Caps on Registry Fees]

  • To: <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>, <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] [Fwd: [council] Removing Price Caps on Registry Fees]
  • From: "Bhavin Turakhia" <bhavin.t@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 11:09:29 +0530
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Never a dull moment in a registrars life ....

This is definitely serious. There are no market forces at play when it comes
to a registry. Especially the .net registry. If com and org are being sold
to registrar at 6 bucks, nothing really prevents .net being hiked to 6 bucks
again.

I was under the belief that the pricing to registrars was one of the
variables in the bid and that the same would apply throughout the duration
of the contract.

Is this consistent with the .NET RFP? Did the RFP have a provision that
stated the price would not be capped?

Marcus or someone from CORE could shed some more light on this - considering
they were one of the RFP applicants. Was this a part of the .NET RFP.

Meanwhile I am adding this to the Luxembourg agenda

bhavin