[registrars] Lux: Workshop on ICANN'S New TLD Strategy

  • To: "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Lux: Workshop on ICANN'S New TLD Strategy
  • From: "Bhavin Turakhia" <bhavin.t@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 04:01:05 +0530
  • Cc: <pritz@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Tim Cole'" <cole@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Kurt / Tim,

I don't know if you are the right people to send this to.

Mike palage sent this very interesting attachment to the registrars mailing
list. This is quite an important process and I would recommend holding a
discussion session about this process in the Luxembourg meeting.

I know this is short notice but is any of the following possible -

* ICANN arranges and announces in its agenda a discussion session on the new
GTLD process and invites everyone

OR

* If ICANN does not have the time to organize this - We arrange on the 2nd
day of the Reg Constituency meeting a free for all to attend discussion on
the new GTLD process and we invite everyone and someone from ICANN attends
to answer our queries and assist in the discussion

This process is important to everyone and I am presuming since everyone in
the community will be contributing to these questions (as is depicted in the
matrix) it may be good to use Lux as a forum for getting feelers about
whether all areas have been covered, as well as clarify any questions or
ambiguities in these questions. Workshops such as these will only help in
mobilizing the various constituencies and the community to actually spend
time and effort in commenting on the process

Thanks
Bhavin