RE: [registrars] Motion for a Vote on Grace Period Deletion Fee

  • To: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Motion for a Vote on Grace Period Deletion Fee
  • From: dwascheriar <dwascher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 11:12:39 -0400
  • Cc: registrars@xxxxxxxx, David Wascher <David.Wascher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tim and John,
I can substantiate part of this as being true. When several of our partners
were doing the "testing" of names they used various methods such as old zone
files and there own name dictionaries. After the deletes were done and our
partners kept the several thousand names that they wanted we saw several
hundred tested names that were left re-registered again by other registrars.
What we found was that the "Domain Pot" had been stirred and names that
people had forgotten or did not think to use were now available. We did have
people call us DURING the 24 hour testing because they monitored the zone
file and asked if they could buy that domain because they had not considered
it or did not know that it was available.

Thanks,
David Wascher
IARegistry