Re: [registrars] Variations on the current domain name model - proposed registrar workshop for Luxembourg

  • To: "Marcus Faure" <faure@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Jay Westerdal <jwesterdal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] Variations on the current domain name model - proposed registrar workshop for Luxembourg
  • From: "Ross Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 08:46:36 -0400
  • Cc: "'Tim Ruiz'" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm not seeing why this is our problem. A precious few are exploiting a loophole in the system and there is no real damage or loss to other registrars.

Why again do we care?

I know I argued the opposite in Argentina, but after talking more about this with Rob, I just simply don't see what the fuss is about.

If the registries want to do something about this, OTOH, I can easily understand why they would want to do something about it - but from my perspective, registrars have a lot on their plate already and taking on someone else's work just simply doesn't make a lot of sense to me...

On Tue, 31 May 2005 10:23:03 +0200 (CEST)