[registrars] Message from EURid (.eu)

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Message from EURid (.eu)
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:42:01 -0600
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We were not able to arrange a presentation on .eu in Argentina, but here is
a brief update from Fay Howard, EURid Project Manager.

Tim

-----------------
Unfortunately, we will not be attending the ICANN meeting on this occasion
but look forward to meeting with registrars at the following ICANN event in
Luxembourg.

With the approval of ICANN board to put .eu in the root, we have the green
light to commit resources for the final preparations for launch, hopefully
late this year, and we need all hands to the pump at the moment.

We hope to start signing up .eu registrars in May and will of course be
contacting them in the coming months to ensure the procedures are known well
in advance of going live.  We will also have a substantial presence at the
next ICANN meeting in Luxembourg to introduce .eu to the Registrars and the
wider European Internet Community.  Then we will be in a position to
introduce the draft registration policy for .eu including the rules and
procedures for sunrise.  We hope you are able to invite us to speak to the
registrar constituency at that meeting.

In the mean time, we have information about becoming .eu registrar on our
web site: www.eurid.org and questions from potential registrars are welcome
at <registrar@xxxxxxxxx>

Best wishes from all at EURid for a safe trip to Argentina and a successful
meeting.

Kind regards

Fay Howard
EURid Project Manager.