[registrars] [dow1-2tf] Call for Constituency statements on Whois tf 1/2 recommendations (fwd)

  • To: registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [registrars] [dow1-2tf] Call for Constituency statements on Whois tf 1/2 recommendations (fwd)
  • From: Thomas Keller <tom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:27:17 +0100
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello all,

please find below the call for constituency statements in regard to the
recommendations to "improve notification and consent for the use of
contact data in the Whois system" of Taskforce 1/2. You can find the
recommendations at:

http://gnso.icann.org/issues/whois-privacy/whois-notification-30nov04.pdf

The taskforce will use the constituency statements to compose a preliminary
report including the various statements as well as a summary on how the
constituencies would be impacted by this recommendations.

As I heard at the Cape Town meeting there are several concerns around
this recommendations and now is the right time to step up and raise
them so that Paul Stahura and I, which are the primary reps on this TF,
can compile them to a report which can be put to a vote.

Since I'm unsure about the correct procedure of voting I would suggest
that while we start the debate on this issue our secretary Bob Conelly
should provide us with a shedule on how to proceed to meet the goal
of having a statement ready at January 31.

If you have questions regarding the TF work please don't hesitate to
direct them to Paul or me directly.

I wish you all a merry christmas and a great new year.

Best,

tom

----- Forwarded message from GNSO SECRETARIAT <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> -----